Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

I'd like Yammer to...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Yammer Administrators to Disable GIF Feature

Last Week, a Yammer User posted a picture a GIF of a lady taking off her top and then a sign posted CENSORED over her breasts. This is completely inappropriate. We need to be able to moderate our Yammer Groups better and Yammer is encouraging non-professional behavior with the GIF suggestions. Right now when posting a basic windows tip, if I click the GIF button, it is suggesting I add a GIF of the Dave Chappelle Prince Episode or someone taking a swig from a bottle of booze. Most of our users are customer service people who specialize in auto-parts.…

18 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • disable file upload to Yammer, but allow selecting existing files in oneDrive/SharePoint

Right now you can only disable the feature "File and image attachments", which disables all attachment options at once.

A lot of European companies are not allowed to store files to Yammer storage (because data is not stored in EU datacenters) The other options to include existing files is no issue. Is it possible to have an option to ONLY disable file upload to Yammer, but still allow users to select existing files?

42 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Improve Hashtags

- When using the "Add topics" feature to add topics / hashtags you cannot use "#hashtag", but have to enter "Hashtag". This leads to us having multiple ##hashtag topics (hashtags with double hash/pound prefix). Why can't users enter the topics as they are displayed with a hash/pound sign? You also can't merge ##hashtag topics with #hashtag topics. "Topic already exists".
        - Where can I see a list of my followed topics? Why don't I have a personalized stream showing only topics I am interested in?.
        - Why can't we hide certain topics / hashtags per group? In the group "Microsoft…

25 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Bring back the chat functionality

The chat dissappeared and is replaced by private messages and that is a horrible idea.

I've read the feature https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Yammer-Blog/Improvements-to-the-Private-Messaging-Experience-in-Yammer/ba-p/33161 and i don't think this change is good. A private message funcionality is not the same as a chat and at my work we find the chat a very useful tool.

21 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Remove "[User name] viewed an image" posts from the Recent Activity feed

In our organisation's Yammer, there are many posts in the Recent Activity feed about specific users having viewed specific images. There should at least be a configuration option to remove these posts from the Recent Activity feed, for the following reasons:

* These posts are not useful
            * Their presence in the Recent Activity feed causes more useful posts to become less visible
            * It is unpleasant that Yammer not only tracks which images you're viewing, but also reports it to everyone else in the organisation

36 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Officially deprecate Yammer API since it’s no longer supported

Yammer REST API works most of the times, not always. Some random block of messages from our network are not returned when calling Yammer API.

I have opened 2 tickets with Microsoft. We have been able to prove to Microsoft that Yammer API (messages.json and messages/in_group/:group_id.json) is not returning block of messages in its response.

Using Yammer Data Export and Yammer UI, Microsoft team verified that the messages do indeed exist in our network, its a public Yammer group to which the user has access.

Microsoft Support and Yammer Product Group(PG) acknowledge that Yammer REST API does not work as…

6 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Yammer REST API was originally built for use with Yammer’s native clients and therefore has certain limitations. Depending on your use case, a combination of the REST API and the data export API will often be able to solve the issues you are facing.
                Additionally, there are currently discussions ongoing about the next generation of the Yammer API as a replacement of the v1 API that is documented on developer.yammer.com. In the meantime, we do not plan to remove the documentation of the API since it is still supported and the only supported way for third party clients to interact with the Yammer service.
                For any more specific questions, please continue to work with support.

• Add an option to disable the download of the videos from a Yammer post

This will be extremely helpful for us to upload internal videos and post them on Yammer, but without the possibility for sensitive information to be downloaded and distributed.

4 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Pull the graphics from what I'm viewing on my IOS device into Yammer when I select "send to Yammer".

On my iPad or iPhone, when viewing articles in a browser, I select "send to Yammer." the only thing that comes over is the link. I would like the graphic that is tied to the article to come with the link. This makes the post in Yammer much more interesting/inviting.

4 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Edit All Company description

Please allow us to edit the description of the All Company feed. The current text suggests its the "go to place" for posting when really we want to encourage the use of Yammer groups. The All Company feed should be reserved for content that is truly for "ALL" the company! We're tackling this through education too but changing the description would be a quick win!

3 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add a moderation feature to groups

Add an optional moderation feature, where admins would have to approve messages posted to groups before they are visible.

4 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• I would like to be able to post as a Group rather than just an Individual

Rather than only posting as an individual, it would be really useful to be able to post as a group so that viewers see a post from a team rather than an individual. Quite often an individual has to post on behalf of their team, but this does not get reflected in the posts, as everyone then needs to follow than person to view the conversation. Also if that person is not available then another member of the group cannot continue and respond on behalf of the group.

6 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Allow to paste images on clipboard

Allow to paste directly from clipboard an image coming from (example) screen clipping, instead of saving it and adding as attached file.

28 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • be able to print out a single thread in a single action

Currently, we select disired posts by dragging and use browser function to print out particular discussion.
                            A "print out this thread" button would be convenient when we need a hard copy of a discussion.

5 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make it faster to <hide conversation> by adding it to <LIKE> <REPLY> <SHARE>

I don't like needing two clicks to hide a conversation.... Please add it to this row like this: <LIKE> <REPLY> <SHARE> <HIDE>

5 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • connect yammer group to existing office 365 group

Upon creation of a yammer group I would like the option to connect it to an existing Office 365 group. Also have the choice of which feed to be used for discussions. Yammer or Outlook. A bonus would be if there's a way of changing it over timer if the usage or demands changes.

16 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

We're currently building this  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Have better Audit Logging

The number of Yammer activities that show up in the O365 audit logs are surprisingly slim. Pretty good for admin activities I guess, but poor for user activities. Basically only when a file is uploaded or a message is deleted. What about when a conversation is started or replied to or a message edited?

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Yammer activity log for specific topic

do we have any yammer activity log which can link to a specific topic to know how many liked, posted for that specific topic instead of by specific users

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• change the invite form

I like the idea to create an option to turn off the Invite option (Idea 18626164-turn-off-invite-users)
                                      But maybe lets start with changing the invite form.

Several times already we had one of our users using the "Invite them" button on the top right linked to the 70.000 not activated accounts, instead of the "Invite" button on the lower left to send the invitation to the provided email addresses.
                                      Could this be made more clear?

3 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Fix 'unseen_message_count' return in Yammer API

The API currently does not return the actual value of the 'unseen_message_count', this would be "the addition of all unread posts in all the groups a person is member of".
                                        Currently only the private message count is returned by the API. Would the Yammer team consider making this property active, as the property is already there, but it always returns '-1' at the moment?

3 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Change Notification to “once per day”

By setting the notification to daily I receive several Emails throughout the day. By setting "weekly" I receive them once per week, which is a large gap between daily and weekly. I prefer a setting “once per day”.

3 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base