Feedback by UserVoice

Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

(We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the “UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy”: https://www.uservoice.com/tos/, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. This idea will consume less time and will be done in few clicks. and the data will be safe in Yammer rather then using third party websites.

I would like to suggest some ideas which will help places team in positive manner.
    In the places team, many image url web links are used to share screen shots. “Yammer” is used currently for uploading screen short which is very tedious process comparing to “postimage” url.
    The data is stored in the file section of “respective group” created on Yammer.
    So, my simple suggestion is rather than taking the screen shots, saving and then uploading on yammer we can have a “screen capture” button aside “upload new image”. It will function exactly same as in “Webex”.
    Brief is as…

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. This idea will help to get work done in few clicks. Uploaded image cannot be zoomed properly and not visible in detailed.

The image shown after uploading is in “compressed” format which can not seen in detailed. The difficulty is the image cannot be viewed by zooming in or wise-versa.
    If actual image is shown rather than compressed image, then image can be overviewed in detail. Additionally, “zoom in” and” zoom out” options can be place beside the image.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow users to post code snippets

User in professional networks need to be able to post code blocks or snippets in the most common programming languages, i.e. with syntax highlighting and proper formatting. This could be implemented e.g. by supporting Markdown.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable Animated avatars for our profile pictures

We would like the ability to set animated GIFs as our avatars on Yammer, because that is an essential element of our workplace identity online. Ingrained in our culture, we were very sad to see that setting animated gifs as your avatar was no longer possible when we moved from our old intranet solution to Yammer.
    It essentially has to do with portraying our personal identity online. In a company where co-workers are spread throughout the country, communicating through our intranet is an important part of our overall culture, since we don't see each other much face-to-face.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dark Mode...PLEASE!!!

PLEASE have the option to enable Dark Mode...PLEASE!!! For the love of everything holy, add Dark Mode!!

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow users to change their 'update' into a 'question'

With the new Q&A feature, most users are still using the default 'update' option when posting. It would be nice if they, and group admins, could later change that post into a Question.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Email notification option on new threads only; not replies

I want to stay in the know about what happens in my organization and Yammer is the main broad communication tool. However, I don't want to see a notification every time someone says "Congratulations" or "Thank you!" I can read replies later in the app. Please save me some emails while keeping me in the loop!

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have a Dark Mode for the Yammer App on iOS and Andorid (similar to Outlook)

Microsoft Office Suite, Macintosh OSx, the Outlook app (just released), Instagram, Twitter and others all feature dark mode options for their apps - make it a priority for Yammer too!

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. accessible hash tag

The casing of hash tags in a Yammer post are automatically converted to lower case or sentence case.
    This affects how assistive technology will announce the words in the hashtag instead of treating it as a long string of characters.

TheMoreYouKnow vs #themoreyouknow

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please make it so that multiple mail addresses from any desired domain can be registered on the Yammer profile

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Yammer のプロフィールに任意のドメインのメール アドレスが複数登録できるようにしてほしい
    Please make it so that multiple mail addresses from any desired domain can be registered on the Yammer profile

■Description(内容):
    現在の Yammer の機能では、各ユーザー プロフィールのメール アドレスは当該テナントにドメインとして追加されているメール ドメインしか登録できない動作です。
    社内 SNS として Yammer を利用する都合上、当該テナントに登録されていないメール ドメインや、携帯電話のメール アドレスにも Yammer の通知が来るようにしたいため、Yammer のプロフィールに任意のドメインのメール アドレスが複数登録できるように機能の拡充を希望します。​
    With the current Yammer feature, only email domains that have been added as a domain to the tenant can be registered as the email address for each user profile.
    We want Yammer notifications to be sent to email domains that are not registered with the tenant or to mobile phone email addresses for the purpose of…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Use Yammer as a "Uservoice" forum being able to upvote ideas

It would be great if there also could be a post option next to "Update", "Poll", "Praise", "Announcement", "Question" and then the new one "Idea".

The "Idea" post would work the same way this Uservoice forum works. Having the possibility to upvote ideas being posted in the group.

On top of that, it would e great to have a better search/filter feature where you can filter the group/channel to only show "Idea" posts or filter on any of the other post options for that matter and of course show "Top" "New" filters.

This would really help us in larger organisations…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dark mode will improve readability at night

Hello Team!
    I am using Microsoft team's dark mode and it is fantastic. Just like how MS teams have different themes including the dark mode, it would be great to have dark mode on Yammer desktop app as well. Please try to incorporate this change in future release.

Thanks in advance
    Abhishek Gaurav

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow admins to control default Notification Settings for new joiners within their Company Network.

My company network crosses multiple generational cohorts, from digital natives to boomers, and pushes Yammer as a communication tool for both business and social communication. However, because default Notification Settings for Yammer attempt to drive Discovery and default to "Yes" for all settings, many first-time users are overwhelmed with notifications, and discouraged from using the system. Additionally, because of the deep placement of the Notifications Settings page deep within the O365 personal account, it is a multi-step process for many associates to update their Notifications Settings to fine-tune Yammer to their desired settings. Why not approach it from a standpoint…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In cases where "--" is included in the text when posting to Yammer, text below that is removed

■Title(件名):
    メールを使用して Yammer に投稿するときに "--" が含まれていると、その下の文が消えて投稿される
    In cases where "--" is included in the text when posting to Yammer, text below that is removed

■Description(内容):
    メールを使用して Yammer に投稿する際に、"--" が含まれていると、その下の文がメールの署名と判断され、削除されて投稿されます。
    必要なメッセージまで削除されるため、署名と判断される条件を "--(改行)" とする等、条件をユーザーにて変更できるよう機能の拡充を望みます。
    また、署名を削除する機能自体を無効にできる制御の実装を望みます。
    When posting to Yammer, if the message is copied and pasted from e-mails, any words that follow below “--” will be deleted as being recognized as the signature part of e-mails.
    Since the necessary part of the message is also deleted, we hope the functionality to be expanded so that users can specify, for example, that “—(newline)” be recognized as signature, etc.
    We also…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When Desktop App Installed, Open Yammer Deep Links in Desktop App Instead of Browser

If a user is a desktop app user, is there an option to have "yammer.com" links they click on elsewhere on their device auto-open in the desktop app instead of the browser? I believe I saw a very similar request for this for Teams as well: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/34501303-open-links-to-teams-in-desktop-app

Ditto to that. Thanks!

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Request for an ability to sum up how many “Praise” and “Like” were sent, who by and who to

■Title(件名):
    「称賛」「いいね」 共に、「誰が」「誰に」「どのくらいの数」送ったか、という集計を行う機能の実装を希望します
    Request for an ability to sum up how many “Praise” and “Like” were sent, who by and who to

■Description(内容):
    Yammer を用いて、社内で良い点を褒め合い、その集計を出すという運用を行いたいと考えています。
    そのため、「称賛」 での投稿、および各投稿への 「いいね」 について、「誰が」「誰に」「どのくらいの数」送ったか、という集計を行う機能の実装を希望します。
    By using Yammer, I am thinking to count the number of praises for good points in the company.
    Therefore, I would request for an ability to create a poll to know “Who” sent, and “To whom,” as well as “How many” “Praise” and “Like” were sent for each post.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Display "About Me" when hovering over a username

Currently, you only see a users title, email, and phone numbers when you hover over their name. It would be great to see their "About Me" info as well.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow to add more than 500 email addresses in one shot when adding members using .csv file

When trying to add a list of members from a .csv file, I noticed than if the emails are more then 500 hundred the tool gets stuck and doesn't allow the adding. In multinational companies we have lists of more than 10.000 people. Can you please raise the limit for bulk adding? I want to be able to add 20.000 people to an official corporate group when needed, without splitting my .csv file in files of 500 items each.

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Looking for Yammer Emoji's

I would like to see emoji tray enabled in Yammer that can be used as part of new post or a reply to a post. Emoji's add a zing to the communication and makes it more interesting. The same set of emoji's available in Skype would suffice. Adding an image or a gif emoji enhances fun in conversation which is absent as of now.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Issue with text formatting and hyperlink when user shares a Yammer post to other group or to an user.

Issue with text formatting and hyperlink when user shares a Yammer post to other group or to an user.

We have seen a bug when user shares a Yammer post that:
    - The hyperlink is not offered in the text box.
    - Some of the formatting of the original message gets lost.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 71 72
  • Don't see your idea?

Yammer

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base