Feedback by UserVoice

Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

(We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the “UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy”: https://www.uservoice.com/tos/, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Yammer Communities app in Teams to show new notifications inside Teams

It would be great if the Yammer Communities app in Teams could show notifications inside Teams as well so you know when something new have happened.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

We're currently building this  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. This idea will consume less time and will be done in few clicks. and the data will be safe in Yammer rather then using third party websites.

I would like to suggest some ideas which will help places team in positive manner.
    In the places team, many image url web links are used to share screen shots. “Yammer” is used currently for uploading screen short which is very tedious process comparing to “postimage” url.
    The data is stored in the file section of “respective group” created on Yammer.
    So, my simple suggestion is rather than taking the screen shots, saving and then uploading on yammer we can have a “screen capture” button aside “upload new image”. It will function exactly same as in “Webex”.
    Brief is as…

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. This idea will help to get work done in few clicks. Uploaded image cannot be zoomed properly and not visible in detailed.

The image shown after uploading is in “compressed” format which can not seen in detailed. The difficulty is the image cannot be viewed by zooming in or wise-versa.
    If actual image is shown rather than compressed image, then image can be overviewed in detail. Additionally, “zoom in” and” zoom out” options can be place beside the image.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dark Mode...PLEASE!!!

PLEASE have the option to enable Dark Mode...PLEASE!!! For the love of everything holy, add Dark Mode!!

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow users to post code snippets

User in professional networks need to be able to post code blocks or snippets in the most common programming languages, i.e. with syntax highlighting and proper formatting. This could be implemented e.g. by supporting Markdown.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow group admins to monitor with PowerBI

Please create an OAUTH connector for Powerbi.
    I would like to monitor all my groups by Powerbi with an official and safe powerapps.
    Ideally, this connector would allow me to view all the data of my groups and to provide content with more impact. I do know Office365 admin can export tables but we dont want to go in this business.

Please considerate this demand.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to modify column size in Yammer when using external monitor to utilize full screen

In new Yammer you have a lot of space on both side when using external monitor. It would be good if Yammer could adjust the screen based on device used e.g. tablet, mobile desktop, laptop with different resolutions.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable Animated avatars for our profile pictures

We would like the ability to set animated GIFs as our avatars on Yammer, because that is an essential element of our workplace identity online. Ingrained in our culture, we were very sad to see that setting animated gifs as your avatar was no longer possible when we moved from our old intranet solution to Yammer.
    It essentially has to do with portraying our personal identity online. In a company where co-workers are spread throughout the country, communicating through our intranet is an important part of our overall culture, since we don't see each other much face-to-face.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow a person who administers several yammer communities to be able to export

Allow a person who administers several yammer communities to be able to export by choosing all the communities without having to go to each community to extract the group insight.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support Blocking or Muting of groups from the Discovery tab (2nd try)

I'd like to be able to block or mute groups from appearing in the Discovery tab. Sometimes the Discovery algorithm thinks I'm interested in a particular group, and continues to show groups which have no relevance to me.
    (see original at https://yammer.uservoice.com/forums/399627-yammer/suggestions/15625647-support-blocking-or-muting-of-groups-from-the-disc which was shut down prematurely imho)

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. mark threads as read when I read them via Inbox notifications, and mark the inbox notifications as read when I read the related posts.

I find myself frequently having to go out of my way to get things to register as read. Here's the scenario: When someone I follow posts something or replies to a thread, I get a notification in my Yammer inbox. If I first see their message in my feed or while browsing through communities, I would like that inbox notification to self delete. Conversely, if I first go into my inbox and read the post, it's still marked as unread in the communities pane. I want any reading of the post to mark all the related items as read.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow users to change their 'update' into a 'question'

With the new Q&A feature, most users are still using the default 'update' option when posting. It would be nice if they, and group admins, could later change that post into a Question.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Have a Dark Mode for the Yammer App on iOS and Andorid (similar to Outlook)

Microsoft Office Suite, Macintosh OSx, the Outlook app (just released), Instagram, Twitter and others all feature dark mode options for their apps - make it a priority for Yammer too!

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Better controls on Yammer email notifications

Notifcations for Yammer groups should have additional settings rather than signing up for 'new activity' as any new comment is defined as a new activity.

There should be the following settings for email notifications:
    - Weekly digest option
    - All notifications for new activity (including new comments and responses)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Introduce a quiet time feature on the mobile app, similar to what's in place in the Outlook and Teams apps

Help users manage their work-life balance by introducing a quiet time feature to suppress notifications when they prefer not to be disturbed. And even turn off notifications for complete days too.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. accessible hash tag

The casing of hash tags in a Yammer post are automatically converted to lower case or sentence case.
    This affects how assistive technology will announce the words in the hashtag instead of treating it as a long string of characters.

TheMoreYouKnow vs #themoreyouknow

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Use Yammer as a "Uservoice" forum being able to upvote ideas

It would be great if there also could be a post option next to "Update", "Poll", "Praise", "Announcement", "Question" and then the new one "Idea".

The "Idea" post would work the same way this Uservoice forum works. Having the possibility to upvote ideas being posted in the group.

On top of that, it would e great to have a better search/filter feature where you can filter the group/channel to only show "Idea" posts or filter on any of the other post options for that matter and of course show "Top" "New" filters.

This would really help us in larger organisations…

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Email notification option on new threads only; not replies

I want to stay in the know about what happens in my organization and Yammer is the main broad communication tool. However, I don't want to see a notification every time someone says "Congratulations" or "Thank you!" I can read replies later in the app. Please save me some emails while keeping me in the loop!

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Dark mode will improve readability at night

Hello Team!
    I am using Microsoft team's dark mode and it is fantastic. Just like how MS teams have different themes including the dark mode, it would be great to have dark mode on Yammer desktop app as well. Please try to incorporate this change in future release.

Thanks in advance
    Abhishek Gaurav

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. allow us to add links to the praise options

It would be nice if I can praise a person and then add a link to clarify what I praise them for. E.g. in an organization, I could link a praise to a value. Or add a # by using #diversity, so that I direct them to a specific initiative in our organization

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 75 76
  • Don't see your idea?

Yammer

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base