Feedback by UserVoice

Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

(We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the “UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy”: https://www.uservoice.com/tos/, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Email notification option on new threads only; not replies

I want to stay in the know about what happens in my organization and Yammer is the main broad communication tool. However, I don't want to see a notification every time someone says "Congratulations" or "Thank you!" I can read replies later in the app. Please save me some emails while keeping me in the loop!

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to change their 'update' into a 'question'

With the new Q&A feature, most users are still using the default 'update' option when posting. It would be nice if they, and group admins, could later change that post into a Question.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow to add more than 500 email addresses in one shot when adding members using .csv file

When trying to add a list of members from a .csv file, I noticed than if the emails are more then 500 hundred the tool gets stuck and doesn't allow the adding. In multinational companies we have lists of more than 10.000 people. Can you please raise the limit for bulk adding? I want to be able to add 20.000 people to an official corporate group when needed, without splitting my .csv file in files of 500 items each.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Display "About Me" when hovering over a username

Currently, you only see a users title, email, and phone numbers when you hover over their name. It would be great to see their "About Me" info as well.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow to adjust pictures' sequence when posting

There's no possible to control pictures' sequence, which were posted in yammer. Is there any logical consideration behind the picture sequence? e.g size, file type, or modify time...? Sometime picture sequence is very important for posting a news in yammer.

Please add this functionality.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Use Yammer as a "Uservoice" forum being able to upvote ideas

It would be great if there also could be a post option next to "Update", "Poll", "Praise", "Announcement", "Question" and then the new one "Idea".

The "Idea" post would work the same way this Uservoice forum works. Having the possibility to upvote ideas being posted in the group.

On top of that, it would e great to have a better search/filter feature where you can filter the group/channel to only show "Idea" posts or filter on any of the other post options for that matter and of course show "Top" "New" filters.

This would really help us in larger organisations…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When Desktop App Installed, Open Yammer Deep Links in Desktop App Instead of Browser

If a user is a desktop app user, is there an option to have "yammer.com" links they click on elsewhere on their device auto-open in the desktop app instead of the browser? I believe I saw a very similar request for this for Teams as well: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/34501303-open-links-to-teams-in-desktop-app

Ditto to that. Thanks!

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have a Dark Mode for the Yammer App on iOS and Andorid (similar to Outlook)

Microsoft Office Suite, Macintosh OSx, the Outlook app (just released), Instagram, Twitter and others all feature dark mode options for their apps - make it a priority for Yammer too!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add preview button

After composing your announcement, post or poll please add a preview button to preview the post so we can see how it looks prior to posting.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. List of Groups should be an unified view of all my Groups a cross all my Networks

In our company we have at least 2 Networks where our groups are splitted up (i'm member of those groups across the 2 Networks).

It would really benefit to have a unified view, where the Group list is representing all subscribed groups from both yammer networks, without the need to switch between the networks manually.

Idea: if placed in Network A , you could first list all the Groups i'm joined in that network ,but then continue like "Groups in your other Networks..." and then list all the groups from Network B.

This would help to keep a better overview…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. "Upload a New Version" for PDF files . Improve experience.

Please fix bug related issue with "Upload New Version " from Yammer for PDF files. Uploading PDF will stop at certain point but wont upload the version on yammer groups and networks.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Keep "Best Answer" in chronological order

Now that posts can now be designated as questions, and the "Best Answer" can be indicated, it pulls the answer out of order, and puts it at the top of all responses.

While it might be helpful to have the "Best Answer" highlighted at the top for those searching for past conversations, it would be better to separate it out a bit better to distinguish it from the normal thread, and also keep a copy of the response in proper chronological order, so that conversations make sense

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add support for an Iframe login to authenticate to the Yammer API without the use of a popup which is blocked by most browsers

The client side flow described here (https://developer.yammer.com/docs/oauth-2) was working in an iframe until about a month ago.Yammer Office 365 Identity Enforcement is Enabled so when I am logged in to SharePoint/Office 365 the iframe should automatically authenticate and return to the configured redirect page with my token. Currently it is moving me to https://www.yammer.com/session/new, which off course will not work in an hidden iframe. I see the same behavior in an popup in Chrome (also taken to the session/new page). The popup login in IE is working though (while the Iframe isn't).

Lot's of our customer find…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Be able to open multiple conversations at a time in the desktop app

Make it possible in the desktop app to view multiple conversations at a time. (In the browser, you can 'open in new tab' or 'open in new window'.)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow Users to choose what to see on the home page

== Problem ==
    The home page show randomly some post from differents groups. More the group is active more is it likely that the home page will show the post of that group.

== Solution ==
    Allow users to choose what to see on the home page :

1 - Make yammer learn about what the user like or not (thumb up/ thumb down near the post / like or dislike)

2 - Allow the user to hide a group on the home page for 30 days or more like on Facebook

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Yammer Conversation Web Part doesn't support the new Question and Best Answer features

The Yammer Conversation Web Part in SharePoint Online doesn't support adding a Question. Nor does it show the Question with the icon. And you can't mark or see Best Answer.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Invite internal users to a group via link

We'd love to see the ability to invite to a group via a link versus adding in people directly.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow users choosing to accept or deny invitation from Yammer private access group

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Yammer のメンバー招待について
    Allow users choosing to accept or deny invitation from Yammer private access group

■Description(内容):
    現在 Yammer ではプライベート アクセス グループに管理者がメンバーを招待した場合、招待されたユーザー側では参加を拒否することができず、アクセス後に脱退をする必要があります。
    そのため、招待された際にユーザー側で参加または、非参加を選択できる機能の拡充を要望します。

I would like to see the feature to allow users choosing to accept or deny invitation from Yammer private access group.
    In current design, users who are invited by admin are not allowed to deny the invitation and they need to access the group once, then they are able to leave that group.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable "sort by number of members" in search results for groups

When performing a yammer search and selecting the "groups" results, the search results do not appear to be by alphabetic group name or by popularity (number of members).

In our corporate Yammer, we have groups with hundreds of members appearing on the second page of search results, while the first page of search results has groups with 3 members. Both groups contain the queried word in their name.

Enabling "sort by number of members" would make it easy to find the most popular group related to the search.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 64 65
  • Don't see your idea?

Yammer

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base