Feedback by UserVoice

Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

(We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the “UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy”: https://www.uservoice.com/tos/, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft)

I'd like Yammer to...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Email notification option on new threads only; not replies

I want to stay in the know about what happens in my organization and Yammer is the main broad communication tool. However, I don't want to see a notification every time someone says "Congratulations" or "Thank you!" I can read replies later in the app. Please save me some emails while keeping me in the loop!

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow to add more than 500 email addresses in one shot when adding members using .csv file

When trying to add a list of members from a .csv file, I noticed than if the emails are more then 500 hundred the tool gets stuck and doesn't allow the adding. In multinational companies we have lists of more than 10.000 people. Can you please raise the limit for bulk adding? I want to be able to add 20.000 people to an official corporate group when needed, without splitting my .csv file in files of 500 items each.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow to adjust pictures' sequence when posting

There's no possible to control pictures' sequence, which were posted in yammer. Is there any logical consideration behind the picture sequence? e.g size, file type, or modify time...? Sometime picture sequence is very important for posting a news in yammer.

Please add this functionality.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add support for an Iframe login to authenticate to the Yammer API without the use of a popup which is blocked by most browsers

The client side flow described here (https://developer.yammer.com/docs/oauth-2) was working in an iframe until about a month ago.Yammer Office 365 Identity Enforcement is Enabled so when I am logged in to SharePoint/Office 365 the iframe should automatically authenticate and return to the configured redirect page with my token. Currently it is moving me to https://www.yammer.com/session/new, which off course will not work in an hidden iframe. I see the same behavior in an popup in Chrome (also taken to the session/new page). The popup login in IE is working though (while the Iframe isn't).

Lot's of our customer find…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add preview button

After composing your announcement, post or poll please add a preview button to preview the post so we can see how it looks prior to posting.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When Desktop App Installed, Open Yammer Deep Links in Desktop App Instead of Browser

If a user is a desktop app user, is there an option to have "yammer.com" links they click on elsewhere on their device auto-open in the desktop app instead of the browser? I believe I saw a very similar request for this for Teams as well: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/34501303-open-links-to-teams-in-desktop-app

Ditto to that. Thanks!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. "Upload a New Version" for PDF files . Improve experience.

Please fix bug related issue with "Upload New Version " from Yammer for PDF files. Uploading PDF will stop at certain point but wont upload the version on yammer groups and networks.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Schedule a Yammer post

We would like to Schedule a yammer announcement / Post.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Tag other groups in a post

It would be great to be able to tag other groups in a post. Also to tag other groups in a comment so it would be much faster to share. And implement this in the app version. Like it is possible with socialcast
    Thank you

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Search for Threads with no replies

Ability to search for threads with no responses for all conversations

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Integrate Yammer in the full Office 365 developer platform

We have developed a custom web part to extract messages with image and video attachments from a specific group and display them on any page in SharePoint. The web part is used to engage users to share their experience within the company on Yammer on specific topics.

However, using the REST API /messages/in_group/[:group_id].json to return all messages we have run into a problem.

When calling the API with query param threaded:true we expected to retrieve the thread starter (first message) for each thread and having them sorted by created date and not by "latest activity".

This means that if an…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. allow admins to add logo and colours to All Company Group and disable email notifications for the All Company Group

allow admins to add logo and colours to All Company Group and disable email notifications for the All Company Group

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. "Ask a question" feature and Give "Unanswered" tab which will display all the questions which hasn't been addressed

Add new "Ask a question" feature and Give "Answered" & "Unanswered" tab which will display all the questions which haven't been addressed

Let the Author also give permission to tag the correct answer from all the answers.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like a feed of just the groups I've joined and people I follow.

I believe the "Following" tab used to do this, but now it's just conversations I follow. I have no interest in clicking group to group, I want to get all my updates in a single feed with no extra noise.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have read your feedback on the request for feed of groups you have joined and people you follow.
    [EDIT] Clarification on Following Feed related to earlier comment: The following feed does not show conversations from your groups.
    We had made improvements to the following feed in Yammer in February earlier this year to bring more focus to people and topics on Yammer. The improvements were focused on helping surface content from people, topics and files you follow. To help surface that content we no longer show conversations from your groups in the following feed. Groups in the left nav will continue to show indicators for new content you have not seen. For more details refer to the Message Center post : 26543

16. Split the "New Posts" next to the groups in the left panel into two counters, one for "New Posts" and one for "New Replies".

Split the "New Posts" counter next to the groups in the left panel into two counters, one for "New Posts" and one for "New Replies". Usually it is more important to read new posts, than to read replies, so it would add greatly to the user experience.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More engaging link display when linking to Sharepoint documents

We're using Yammer as our main tool for communication widely within the company (approx 100 empl) and Sharepoint for file storage. At times we want to market files on Yammer that have been uploaded on Sharepoint.

When copying e.g. a link to a Powerpoint stored in Sharepoint and pasting this in a Yammer post, the "link box" displaying the link beneath the actual post is not at all engaging. As of now we only see the link snippet and where on Sharepoint this is stored. It would be very good if the "link box" showed at least a PPT icon…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow CamelCase in hashtags

Hashatags that are all in lower case are not accessible or clear. Yammer should allow people to use camel case in hashtags.

Certainly, they should not automatically change what we type in our hashtags to all lower case. Terrible automatic feature.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need Calendar feature in Yammer

Need Calendar feature in Yammer

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)