Feedback by UserVoice

Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

(We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the “UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy”: https://www.uservoice.com/tos/, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft)

I'd like Yammer to...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Split the "New Posts" next to the groups in the left panel into two counters, one for "New Posts" and one for "New Replies".

Split the "New Posts" counter next to the groups in the left panel into two counters, one for "New Posts" and one for "New Replies". Usually it is more important to read new posts, than to read replies, so it would add greatly to the user experience.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need Calendar feature in Yammer

Need Calendar feature in Yammer

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More engaging link display when linking to Sharepoint documents

We're using Yammer as our main tool for communication widely within the company (approx 100 empl) and Sharepoint for file storage. At times we want to market files on Yammer that have been uploaded on Sharepoint.

When copying e.g. a link to a Powerpoint stored in Sharepoint and pasting this in a Yammer post, the "link box" displaying the link beneath the actual post is not at all engaging. As of now we only see the link snippet and where on Sharepoint this is stored. It would be very good if the "link box" showed at least a PPT icon…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Convert "+1" posts to Likes

Observed on the Microsoft Yammer: long series of replies containing simply "+1". These posts should be automatically converted to a Like, and not posted as a separate message. Of course, you need to tell your user that you've done that: "Hey, I changed your +1 reply to a Like for you."

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. host in Australia

we would like yammer hosted out of australian data centres. this will help us with our privacy act requirements.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Easily identify Office 365 connected Yammer groups in the groups list on the UI

Make it easier for users to identify O365 connected groups in the list of groups on the left side of the UI. This could be something similar to the globe that makes it easy to identify external Yammer groups.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Content Administrator Role

I would like to see more granular security in the admin roles. In particular breaking out a content admin role and perhaps others that may be more appropriate for HR or somebody outside of IT to address.

We have enough work that IT shouldn't need to get involved with policing if what people say is appropriate or inappropriate on the platform.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Improve how Sharepoint articles appear when shared in a Yammer post

Currently when we include a SharePoint news article link in a yammer post, it displays as a hyperlinked URL in a plain white box - this isn't very engaging or aesthetic. Would it be possible for the article image/thumbnail and title to embed in the Yammer post to give more context to the article the post relates to?

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan to build this  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Group integration with O365, Outlook and Teams

I understand that the coherent integration and interconnection of groups within Office 365 has many aspects.

However, I would like to have this:
    - in case a quasi-fully-featured O365 group already exists (ie. has been created as a Outlook group, then a Teams team has been created based on that one, everything exists for this group exists, except Yammer)
    - it should then be possible to create a Yammer group from that group. Nothing will change actually, except that Yammer would link to the existing ressources, Sharepoint files of the group would be shareable within Yammer, etc.

I do not…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adding a member to multiple groups all at once

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    複数グループにメンバーを一括登録したい

Adding a member to multiple groups all at once
    ■Description(内容):
    管理者にて、ユーザーを複数のグループに一括で登録する機能の追加を要求する。

For improvement of manageability, allow admins to add users to multiple groups all at once.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow network specific profiles

I use Yammer both as a Microsoft employee and for a non-profit (as part of an External network). Due to limitations of mobile having only one identity, I'm forced to use my MSFT AAD across all my networks. However, my persona and role are obviously different across these networks. Allowing a different "about me" and profile picture would be helpful

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have the ability to pin announcements, so users can catch up if they're away on hols

The ability for users to have a place where they can scroll through announcements in a group. Similar to new conversation and all conversation tabs.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. have away mesages

I would love to have an "away message" for private messages to use in the same manner you would use your "out of office" auto response in email.

When I am off for the day and a co-worker sends me a private message, they have no way of knowing that I am out.
    Thank you for considering this!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make Yammer a PWA and distribute it through Microsoft Store

Yammer on Windows is only a web wrapper. It would make sense to turn Yammer into a PWA, which would then make it possible to distribute Yammer through Microsoft Store, or make it able for users to just add it as a PWA app in browsers such as Chrome and Edge.

This would bring a lot of positive impact, like
    * True single experience across all platforms and screen resolution and ratio
    * Less code to maintain for the developers
    * Ease of managability for sysadmins - Don't have to keep a Yammer MSI in Intune up to date, just…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow the Yammer Client to Accept a Yammer URL Link or Allow the search tool to find the Yammer post by copying and pasting the Yammer URL

When using Microsoft Teams many users will send a Yammer URL link to a Yammer post within same tenant.

Current Behavior:
    1. Clicking the link in Microsoft Teams opens a web browser to sign into the Yammer portal. (It doesn't open Yammer client by default only a web browser)

2. Copying and pasting the Yammer URL into the Yammer client search returns a lot of yammer content but, nothing related to the post you are looking for.

Request: Please allow the capability for the installed Windows Yammer Client to:

1. Be able to accept a copy and pasted Yammer URL…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Alert Yammer admins if a new O365 domain is added and Yammer is not in the 1-1 state

If a new verified domain is added to the O365 tenant, the Yammer network becomes in a non 1-1 state and Office 365 Groups are not created when new Yammer groups are created.

As an admin, I'd like to get an alert when this happens so I can take action. We have different groups managing O365 and Yammer so that's why we need this feature.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. create gifs featuring diverse people

Recently, in a search, I found the only people featured in gifs were white. Not a great look for our diverse nation and those organizations seeking to represent all their staff and customers. Help!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide the same functionality as the embedded feed for the new Yammer webpart

The new Yammer webpart should support the same features as the embedded version eg.
    - Support clickable links
    - Support display of images
    - Show all comments, not just one
    - Like directly from the webpart
    - Display new posts immediately
    - Only go to Yammer if the user explicitly want to go there, otherwise stay in the webpart
    - Optional setting how many posts are displayed. Now it is always 4.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow me to block users from my timeline. At the moment, i am forced to read posts from people i choose not to follow and its not great.

I am tired of reading posts from people on Yammer i choose not to follow, often not work related. At the moment, i can hide a conversation but thats time consuming as they post a lot of stuff that is not work related. On twitter and facebook you can do this, why not Yammer? I want a block feature for ones i know are a waste of time

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable users to see a list of groups that they are admins (owners) of

Enable Yammer users to easily find and get a list of Yammer groups that they are administrators (owners) of. This will help users keep an track of the ones they own, take any action needed easily, and reduce proliferation of abandoned groups.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

User Voice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy