Feedback by UserVoice

Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

(We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the “UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy”: https://www.uservoice.com/tos/, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft)

I'd like Yammer to...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate with social media

It would be great if Yammer could integrate with a company's corporate social media channels and pull through any updates from Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn onto the company Yammer feed. This would help encourage staff to interact with the company's social media channels as well as keeping them up to date with any company news or updates that go out on the platforms. Something as simple as a live Twitter feed appearing on the side of the home page would be perfect.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. User Preference Setting for Push Activity Feeds

We need User preference setting which will allow user to set the combination of Tags to fetch the Push Acitivity Notification.

eg: Smart City and India are separate tags. User would prefer to have Activity feed matching both the Tags. Thus an AND operator over this.

OR Operator is already functioning for Follow Feature.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Quantitative Tags should be searchable within range

Consider I define the Quantitative Tag as Revenue Potential with figures.
    With current search functionality we are not able to search the posts based on range when tags are quantitative.
    eg: If we add Tags as 100million, 2 million, 10 million, 50 million

We should be able to search feeds between 10 million and 100 million.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. have an idea that the users within Yammmer can be created along with the creation of users within Office365 and Active Directory

I am aware that users' accounts can not be created within Yammer even if they are created in Office 365 and Active Directory. I hope the additional feature to be implemented that enables their accounts to be created within Yammer along with the users' creation in Office 365 and Active Directory.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Be a able to add an image to a yammer post directly from the copy holder

At the moment you can only add a picture either from the computer or from the yammer online directory.

But It would be nice to add a picture directly from google, pinterest or wherever you find a picture, you want to share with your colleges.

Is this something you could add?
    Perhaps it will work together with an html editor, such as: TinyMCE

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Need more flexibility for invitation request.

We would like to have more flexibility (e.g. change in text) for invitation request emails.

When enable "Require admin approval for <network> members to join other companies' external networks", users need to request for an approval to join the external network.

However, network admins do not really manage the external networks which the users actually need to join. Unless the organization allow the users to communicate with external users freely, typically the users needs to get the approval from their direct supervisor.

It would be great if we can have one of the following options in invitation requests.

- add…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. Would you be able to provide a bit more detail? We weren’t entirely clear what you meant by this suggestion.

9. native linux version

As many big company relies on office365 on their daily routine, replacing their chat and social applications to yammer, linux developers are out of luck again. There isn't linux client for yammer on the horizon yet.
    So I'd like to have a native Yammer linux client.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. inform users when creating a group that 'unlisted' groups do not spool up an associated Office 365 group.

Currently, if a new group is created as 'unlisted', it won't spool up an associated Office 365 group, providing resources like SharePoint, Planner and OneNote.

This isn't spoken about at the group creation stage, and needs to be so that users aren't confused when what they're expecting doesn't happen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. improve the user's display on a Popup.

I sometimes find the users whom an admin doesn't intend to show there be in the state of pending despite the usage of an internal SNS tool, and therefore I hope the users whose states are pending not to be displayed on a Popup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Limit the function that allows regular users to disable other users

Quoting customer:

As it leads to unexpected cases of disabled users, we would like the "If [user] is no longer a part of the [group], click here" function that appears when clicking on the "Admin" item in the bottom right of regular user profiles to be limited or to be managed by admins.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create subgroup/list of users within a group so that the list can easily be cc'd on posts without having to tag individuals.

We have "categories" of users that participate in our group that should be mentioned so that they are sure to receive the post in email. It is cumbersome to have to repeatedly tag the same individuals each time a post should be especially highlighted for them. It would be nice to have a "distribution" group that has no other purpose but to allow the group of individuals to be easily tagged on a post.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It wuold be most excellent if there was an 'optional' TAG CLOUD that could be added to the right side pane stack.

It wuold be most excellent if there was an 'optional' TAG CLOUD that could be added to the right side pane stack. Especially important that it be 'network' wide and not group limited.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automatic tagging of posts

Could be a way of tagging a post automatically based on the topic of the post. For example, "How do I do xyz in Outlook" would automatically tag the post with #Outlook

More intelligent tagging to aid future searching of topics might be a great help to people searching on content generically.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Develop a more user friendly instant messaging system

In the app when you press reply, it brings up another window and you cannot read your previous messages/conversation. Would be great if the instant messaging function was more similar to SMS or Facebook Messenger.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Regarding the feature to user's control editing of profiles

I am aware that there is a discordance of Yammer's profiles between Office 365 and Yammer when users attempt to edit them without restriction so I hope the additional feature to be implemented that enables to control user's editing profiles.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. implement the feature to control the access to Yammer per device.

I am currently using one of the Yammer's features that enables to control the access outside the range of IP address by the range specification of its address. However, I sometimes would like to be allowed to get access Yammer along with a specified device, and therefore I hope the additional feature to be implemented that enables to set a limit individually on each of the device used for the access. I do not wish for the access controlled by almost all the devices. I assume that I would get a permission to access Yammer only with a specified mobile…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop Automatic home network setup with your email address

When invited to join an external network Yammer automatically sets up a home network on your email address which then becomes your default. This is not helpful and means you miss notifications and if i used a gmail address would Yammer set up a network with all Gmail users?! The option to remove networks would be useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

User Voice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy