Feedback by UserVoice

Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

(We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the “UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy”: https://www.uservoice.com/tos/, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft)

I'd like Yammer to...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Suppress Duplicate Outlook/Exchange Nofications within Yammer

It seems like recently Yammer (web) has started including all outlook notifications that Outlook is already sending notifications. These are duplicative and indicate by changing the color of the Yammer IE tab that there is something for me to look at.
    Could you add an option to "Suppress Outlook Notifications".
    Note that the notifications are duplicates of what is being sent by Exchange/Outlook.
    Note that it is not adhering to the Outlook rules and sending notification that even Exchange is suppressing (Meeting Accept...).
    This increases the noise in the "signal to noise" ratio and deters usage of Yammer.
    Voice of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. display photos as intented by the photographer/uploader and not cropped

If I upload a photo that is in portrait mode, i.e. height is greater than width, the photo is cropped and made to look e.g. 3x4 no matter what height it is. Even in photo view mode it can still be cropped.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. create links to shared drives

Links to shared drives and folders are not possible. Only links to websites can be created.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Clarify group invitations

I received an email saying "[Person] from [my organisation] has added you to [groupname]". Clicked the "GO TO GROUP" button and it gave me a page saying "This group is private. Request to join to view its messages." So am I added or not? Why do I have to request after the admin has already approved me? Either the group should let me straight in, or the invitation should make it clear that I'm merely being advised of the existence of a group that I may choose to apply for membership of.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove Link(s) on Yammer using OpenGraph post when Yammer is on the page specified by OpenGraph

Yammer currently doesn't nicely allow us to replace the sharepoint comments for articles.

When using OpenGraph when users post the link and blank thumb nail is repeated for each user that comments even though they are on the page. This is disengaging as people only get to see a bunch of links with comments in between.

When using the Modern webpart this is worse and you have to click the wepart and navigate away from the page to read the comments.

the URL should just be metadata to consolidate the comments as a single conversation without all the wasted space…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add notification options: either send messages instantly or as daily or weekly summary

The amount of notifications in bigger organizations quickly gets overwhelming. So users should be able to customize notifications to their individual needs/interests to reduce the amount of notifications per day or week.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. option to display more than one current occupation

Currently I work within two roles and have input four distinct roles (including previous) into my profile, but the 'info' section of my profile, under the 'work' category only displays one current role and one previous role.

It would be useful to be able to choose which of the input roles are displayed on the profile so that they can be chosen by the account holder for their relevance to the profile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to be able to organize bookmarks

I would like to be able to organize my bookmarks into groups or topics

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Convert "+1" posts to Likes

Observed on the Microsoft Yammer: long series of replies containing simply "+1". These posts should be automatically converted to a Like, and not posted as a separate message. Of course, you need to tell your user that you've done that: "Hey, I changed your +1 reply to a Like for you."

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change the user friendly email "DisplayName" used in email notifications so that it is prefixed by 'Yammer - '

As notification emails arrive now, they show the friendly display name in the format of "Lastname, Firstname (Org Info) On Yammer".

This makes it hard (at a glance) to distinguish a Yammer email notification from an standard outlook email message from a colleague.

Old SSN prefixed the display name of the notifications with the application followed by the user information instead of this way.

You can process with rules, but I'd like to be able to tell at a glance if an email is Yammer related, or from the actual colleague.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Yammer Windows App to receive push notifications

The notifications currently for Yammer are terrible, I'm getting e-mails when I don't want e-mails. No notifications that anything has happened even though I'm running a desktop app. There should either be a proper windows 10 uwp app with this functionality or a Teams style app with their notifications which I presume is so they can support Windows 7. No more e-mails!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Yammer group members - external with status "Invited"

With Rest API and PowerShell it´s possible to view and export Yammer group members.
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/export-yammer-group-members-to-a-csv-file-201a78fd-67b8-42c3-9247-79e79f92b535

But it doesn´t include external members which have still status "Invited".

For example: In Yammer it shows 976 members but in the export I only have 943.

Would be great to have them in the export.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. reduce information on the mobile app.

The mobile app currently has quite a busy page and it's hard to pick out the message for all the data around it. I would suggest removing "seen by X" altogether and showing the number of comments, rather than the names as we often don't know the people personally anyway.
    Also, it would be great just to see the other users' actual names when they comment and not the organisational code afterwards as this just creates a lot of text to read.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. host in Australia

we would like yammer hosted out of australian data centres. this will help us with our privacy act requirements.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Search for Threads with no replies

Ability to search for threads with no responses for all conversations

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow Yammer login from external websites on mobile devices

You can use a Yammer login button to authenticate users on external websites. From a website you will then be redirected to a Yammer login.

On mobile devices this is not supported if the Yammer app is installed. Instead of a Yammer login the Yammer app is opened. Basically, this means you can not use the Yammer identity for your external website when you have mobile users.

I think it would be possible to change this behaviour in the way that a Yammer login behaves on the mobile device exactly in the same way as on a Windows 10 notebook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Auto-completion feature in Yammer

When posting in Yammer, sometimes your word is automatically completed with a Yammer user. It starts to be very annoying when you belong to a Yammer private group. The auto-completion will try to add a Yammer person that does not belong to the group. It would be nice if it only did it after at-sign "@" but it seems to be after some special characters not well defined, or even anything capitalised and its not consistent with Teams. Is there a way to avoid this ? How the Auto-completion works ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Include option to see the participants in a Yammer poll

Kinldy include feature to be able to see the people who are participating and responding in a Yammer poll , so that we can run competitions and quiz on this platform, as it has a very high reach, and declare the winners and participants, to promote Yammer and make it more exciting for users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve Read Feature

I would like to not have to scroll to the bottom of a group feed to mark the notices as all read. Once in a while, it doesn't even clear the count when I do scroll to the bottom.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make Public groups Private Unlisted

We have a group that we want to retain for reference, and I had hoped we could make it Private Unlisted to keep access for the admins but allow no further requests to join the group or have it available in the directory. Currently only making this Public group Private is an option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 57 58
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

User Voice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy