Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

I'd like Yammer to...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to pin messages to the top of groups

The idea is to be able to pin messages to the top of a group. This could be used to post welcome messages or important information. Announcements do stay at the top until read but that does disappear and doesn't affect new joiners to that group.

152 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      We're considering this  ·  pganpgan responded

Thanks for your inputs. We are considering this as part of several core messaging improvements. For instance, the ability to EDIT POSTs is one of the frequent requests that we are already working on.

• Enable Announcements from Mobile Devices

We're piloting Yammer, but planning to roll it out to 16,000 users. Mobility is a major use case for us. The Yammer experience is great, but not quite on par with browser experience. One immediate request is to be able to post an Announcement from mobile devices. Is this planned anytime soon? Do you have a roadmap on mobile features and when they're planned?

22 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • 204 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all the feedback! We also agree there’s an opportunity here to improve the way groups are managed/sorted in the left nav. We’ll be sure to take your input into account as we explore this problem area!

• allow groups to further customize their pages (visible pinned content, header photos, etc.)

It's hard to tell groups apart from one another since the only distinction is the color of the header and profile picture. Plus, it's useful for certain groups to be able to notify their members of something important (announcements, events, etc.) in an interesting, customizable way. Pinned/featured images or posts?

44 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Allow use of emoji in the post and reply areas

I would like to see emoji tray enabled in Yammer that can be used as part of new post or a reply to a post. Emoji's add a zing to the communication and makes it more interesting. The same set of emoji's available in Skype would suffice. Adding an image or a gif emoji enhances fun in conversation which is absent as of now.

27 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Allow users to change order of Groups

It would be extremely helpful if we can arrange the order of the group. Individuals should be able to customize that on their own. For example for Marketing team members, they would want all the marketing groups to be at the top etc.

136 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • markdown

Support markdown

5 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re currently looking to learn about text formatting in Yammer and your other work tools. Please fill out the following survey to help us design this feature request: bit.ly/2m4Zj7I

You will be entered in a raffle for a chance to win a $60 amazon gift card upon completing this survey. Thank you!

• Enable inline images

There is an inability to add images inline with the text of a post; they are all bunched together at the end of the post. This means people reading posts that refer to multiple images don't know which image is being referred to as they read the post, or the author has to write 'refer fig.1; refer fig.2' and so on.

84 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently we aren’t seeing a huge number of Yammer conversations with multiple attached images, but we absolutely EXPECT to see that number grow as more people use Yammer for getting work done.

Question for you: in the past month, what types of messages have you posted or read that included multiple images? (i.e. schematics, event photos, etc.?)

• office 365 groups connect to yammer

Make it possible for an existing (old) O365 group to connect to a Yammer group to have the discussion feed there instead. I.e. provision "backwards" compared to now.

3 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Post a thread to multiple groups

Yammer groups are silos; people have to join and subscribe to the thread to get notifications of new threads, and 'sharing' a thread to another group just creates another conversation in another silo. Just like how I can add in other people to the group, I'd like to be able to add in up to two additional groups (I'd need to be a member of the group in order to add them). This would mean a thread has a one-to-many relationship with groups.

157 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • 176 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Support a traditional threaded view with replies collapsible under the message they reference

It's hard to parse the reply-to chain of a Yammer conversation. It would be easier if replies were indented under the message they reference and if the reply chains were collapsible,

116 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We hear a lot of requests around making longer threads easier to digest, and are thinking about this problem. We don’t have plans to build a solution soon, but we’re considering this specific solution and others. Thanks for your insight!

• Redesign the "Like" option to a Reaction option

"Like" has always been a useful way of reinforcing someone's post or reply, but it's always been restrictive. You might very deeply agree with something someone has said, but it may not be the right reaction to "like" it. - eg. "After 30 fantastic years of working with you all, I'm sad to say that I'm leaving." - LIKE.

Change LIKE to REACTION and offer a range of choices:
                            - Like, Love, Funny, Surprise, Sad, Upset etc. And use emojis to express them.

In terms of reporting, instead for saying 15 people liked this, you could say 15 people reacted…

50 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Make group descriptions more visible

Teams and Yammer groups need to align on what a group is FOR; but we also need uncluttered UI. Okay! How about this:
                              1 - When people are invited into groups, the group description displays as a pop-up before they proceed into the group space. Read & dismiss.
                              2 - When a group is formed, the group description displays in full in the masthead for the first 14 days after creation, then minimizes.
                              3 - Group creators are nudged at time of group creation to fill in a description, because features 1 & 2 will support successful teaming.

Right now,…

11 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just to clarify: the problem is that groups are less useful because group members no longer see the group description. Is that accurate?

• Allow existing groups to be merged

It should be possible to merge two or more existing groups.

When groups are created its not always possible to predict successful they will be. Network effects etc may cause some groups to be successful and have traffic and other groups to go quiet. Additionally groups may grow to subsume topics that originally had a specific group as it may be found that the topic is too niche for it's own group.

Given this when one group (A) effectively becomes a superset of another group (B) and where the other group (B) has gone very quiet then it is desirable…

112 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We recognize that “group sprawl” happens, that groups become inactive but still contain relevant information, and that organizations use Yammer as a common knowledge base that works best when information is organized and easy to find. We don’t have plans to build this right now, but we’re thinking about this problem and appreciate the insight.

• View Pinned Items on a Mobile phone

I have done a straw poll of Marks and Spencer Yammer site and out of 184 votes thus far 64% view Yammer via their mobile phone however they are unable to view the Pinned section on their phones. Is it possible to have a drop down menu on each group so that the pinned items can be viewed on the phone.

7 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Allow mandatory/dynamic groups

A mandatory group is a group to which users are automatically subscribed to. Eventually they do not have a choice to leave the group (this would be a setting).

A dynamic group is a group whose members are automatically maintained, based on user active directory attributes. (Ex: users where company=microsoft are members of the microsoft group). Same principle as dynamic distribution groups for email.

Example of use:
                                    I want every user located in Country=France to be added to the group "Employees France".
                                    CSV import is an option to bulk add users to a group. However, this process is too manual…

42 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • See who read a post in a group

I would like to see who have read the posts which are posted in a Group. Same functionality which is possible in Facebook Groups. The names appears in a list so I can see who read the post.

9 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • have an idea that the users within Yammmer can be created along with the creation of users within Office365 and Active Directory

I am aware that users' accounts can not be created within Yammer even if they are created in Office 365 and Active Directory. I hope the additional feature to be implemented that enables their accounts to be created within Yammer along with the users' creation in Office 365 and Active Directory.

5 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• 10 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

In the future, we’d like Yammer groups to utilize OneDrive or SharePoint as file storage locations. Presumably a greater level of control over file sharing functionality would come along with this change.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base