Feedback by UserVoice

Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

(We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the “UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy”: https://www.uservoice.com/tos/, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft)

I'd like Yammer to...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tag other groups in a post

It would be great to be able to tag other groups in a post. Also to tag other groups in a comment so it would be much faster to share. And implement this in the app version. Like it is possible with socialcast
    Thank you

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

We're considering this  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Ask a question" feature and Give "Unanswered" tab which will display all the questions which hasn't been addressed

Add new "Ask a question" feature and Give "Answered" & "Unanswered" tab which will display all the questions which haven't been addressed

Let the Author also give permission to tag the correct answer from all the answers.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow me to block users from my timeline. At the moment, i am forced to read posts from people i choose not to follow and its not great.

I am tired of reading posts from people on Yammer i choose not to follow, often not work related. At the moment, i can hide a conversation but thats time consuming as they post a lot of stuff that is not work related. On twitter and facebook you can do this, why not Yammer? I want a block feature for ones i know are a waste of time

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add links to posts without displaying the WHOLE ugly link.

I don't understand why this isn't already a feature to add a web link? Yammer already resolves the link and pulls images and title text so why not hide the ugly web link?

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. be able to report posts to admin that breach our terms of use

As a company that is heavily regulated we have strict guidelines about what Yammer can be used for. This enables us to ensure our customers data is managed accordingly. It's important for people to be able to quickly report any posts that breaches our terms of use. Can we please have a report a post function that allows admins/community managers to be notified of any posts that breach these terms.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Replace deleted posts with replies with a marker indicating a post was deleted

When posts with replies are deleted, the replies appeared orphaned and can be assumed to be the original post, and misunderstood as it's not known they are in response to another post. It would be clearer if the deleted post was replaced with a placeholder that indicated a post was there that has since been deleted, which could be as simple as text along the lines of "This post has been deleted by the author."

Sometimes a whole unnecessary discussion can arise based on a misunderstanding of the first reply which could be avoided by such an indication.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. connect yammer group to existing office 365 group

Upon creation of a yammer group I would like the option to connect it to an existing Office 365 group. Also have the choice of which feed to be used for discussions. Yammer or Outlook. A bonus would be if there's a way of changing it over timer if the usage or demands changes.

212 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow the ability to mention groups

It would be great if we could '@' mention groups in a comment. This is an easy way to let an entire team/group/department become aware of something.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add an "active" DISLIKE button similar to LIKE but with the opposite meaning.

As with LIKE a count display of LIKE's and UNLIKE's could indicate popular sentiment (LIKE or DISLIKE) for a particular post or reply without the need for busy people to post a comment every time they disagree with a post.
    UNLIKE = Thumb down, LIKE = Thumb up?

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow users to change order of Groups

It would be extremely helpful if we can arrange the order of the group. Individuals should be able to customize that on their own. For example for Marketing team members, they would want all the marketing groups to be at the top etc.

804 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

162 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is no longer prioritized, but we’re working on a few new improvements to your groups list. We may revisit this in the future.

To learn about how we decide what features to build, check out this talk members our user research, product management, and data science team gave at Ignite in September 2017. It shares our process of all the methods we use to listen to our customers and how they input into our roadmap. https://myignite.microsoft.com/sessions/53799?source=sessions

11. 33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Suggest existing topics to the user when posting

It will be good if a user can be prompted to choose one or more existing topics (suggested based on the post's content) for a post.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. disable file upload to Yammer, but allow selecting existing files in oneDrive/SharePoint

Right now you can only disable the feature "File and image attachments", which disables all attachment options at once.

A lot of European companies are not allowed to store files to Yammer storage (because data is not stored in EU datacenters) The other options to include existing files is no issue. Is it possible to have an option to ONLY disable file upload to Yammer, but still allow users to select existing files?

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hide people/topics I do not want to keep seeing

Allow a post and/or person to be hidden from my feed. Right now, I would like to hide people from my feed. Thanks

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow usage of Exchange distribution lists to invite users to a group

We are a large conglomerate who has subsidiaries that would like to invite all of their thousands of employees to particular groups. Although they can upload a .csv, it would be better if they could invite users to groups based on pre-existing Outlook distribution lists.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Conversation thread support in Yammer web part

Sorry if this has been suggested already, but I didn't find it.
    The Yammer web part (modern or existing) should be able to support a conversation thread. Embedding a conversation thread at the bottom of a modern page, News page etc would be extremely useful to provide targeted conversation about the page.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow folders in the left navi to organize my yammer groups.

Give us one layer of folders so we can organize the left navi and avoid unnecessary scrolling.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow posting on behalf of / User delegation

I some cases you don't want to post from your personal profile but from a generic/admin profile.
    Or switching between users would work too.

173 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. markdown

Support markdown

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow update/replace attachment when editing post

When editing a post, allow the author to replace the attachment. For example, when they realize that the attachment needs an edit.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

User Voice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy