Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

I'd like Yammer to...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support a traditional threaded view with replies collapsible under the message they reference

It's hard to parse the reply-to chain of a Yammer conversation. It would be easier if replies were indented under the message they reference and if the reply chains were collapsible,

105 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We hear a lot of requests around making longer threads easier to digest, and are thinking about this problem. We don’t have plans to build a solution soon, but we’re considering this specific solution and others. Thanks for your insight!

• 12 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Improved Notifications Settings

Improved Notifications Settings:

I would like a lot more control and options for notifications. I would like the option to choose an email and/or desktop and/or push notification and I'd like these options to be available to all the current notification options as well as the new options I'm suggesting below. (When I say push, I mean just a notification in the notification area of the site/app in the main menu)

I would also like the option to choose to be notified for the following:

1. A user I follow. When on a user's profile, next to the follow button…

25 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Redesign the "Like" option to a Reaction option

"Like" has always been a useful way of reinforcing someone's post or reply, but it's always been restrictive. You might very deeply agree with something someone has said, but it may not be the right reaction to "like" it. - eg. "After 30 fantastic years of working with you all, I'm sad to say that I'm leaving." - LIKE.

Change LIKE to REACTION and offer a range of choices:
          - Like, Love, Funny, Surprise, Sad, Upset etc. And use emojis to express them.

In terms of reporting, instead for saying 15 people liked this, you could say 15 people reacted…

29 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • 8 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

In the future, we’d like Yammer groups to utilize OneDrive or SharePoint as file storage locations. Presumably a greater level of control over file sharing functionality would come along with this change.

• Allow admins to choose whether to block messages to All Company/Network or remove it completely

I've seen lots of different opinions on this. Whilst some admins find All Company useful, others don't. Providing admins with the choice whether to lock down the All Company to admin only posts/group creation would be a welcome feature.

The ability for them to choose whether or not they want the All Company group altogether would also be welcomed.

49 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Be able to pin messages to the top of groups

The idea is to be able to pin messages to the top of a group. This could be used to post welcome messages or important information. Announcements do stay at the top until read but that does disappear and doesn't affect new joiners to that group.

120 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  We're considering this  ·  pganpgan responded

Thanks for your inputs. We are considering this as part of several core messaging improvements. For instance, the ability to EDIT POSTs is one of the frequent requests that we are already working on.

• Enable hiding all posts initiated by a certain user from my following feed

In a very large network there is always some individuals who are "spamming" the network with content that is more or less meaningless for me.
                  Even though I'm certainly not a follower, it get's populated for me as well because someone else comment's or likes these posts.
                  I find myself clicking "hide conversation" more and more frequently.

It would be great if I could hide the posts from these individuals once and for all from my following feed.
                  If I would some day like to read them, I could then go to the individual groups or All company separately to…

11 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re unlikely to allow user-specific muting — as these are your coworkers, there’s a good chance that among the off-topic posts they are also posting useful content.

That said, we recognize this as a problem and are considering ways to make your feeds more relevant and useful.

• Allow users to change order of Groups

It would be extremely helpful if we can arrange the order of the group. Individuals should be able to customize that on their own. For example for Marketing team members, they would want all the marketing groups to be at the top etc.

96 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • change the setting of "List this group in our network's group directory and search results".

I hope the setting of "List this group in our network's group directory and search results.”to be modified as for the groups associated with an Office 365 group as well.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently, O365-connected Yammer groups cannot be private-unlisted as the Office 365 groups suite does not yet support unlisted/undiscoverable group types. We would like to add support for this in O365, though, so that you can have O365 connected Yammer groups that are unlisted.

• Enable an "Inactive" flag on groups

As you know, not all groups are successful and also not all groups are wanted for the long term.
                        It would be very useful to be able to mark a group as inactive.
                        By default, search would exclude these from group search but would include the content in a conversation search.
                        The group search would have an additional checkbox to allow the option to include inactive groups.
                        A deactivated group would still be able to be browsed but no new content would be able to be posted to it whilst in this status.
                        The benefits would be to keep the…

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Create a new type of post where selected users can specifically answer

Ability to ask a group if (for example) they have completed a task or project and each (pre-selected) user is able to answer accordingly. Allows you to quickly see who has done what without everyone having to answer "not yet".

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re considering “question” format posts. I think that would help with what you’re looking for, but it might not fully cover your scenario where you want an answer from each team member. You could consider using polls for this use case.

• It would be great if we had a view where we could see the most "popular" (most liked/commented on) posts.

Many of our groups are "topic" specific and our staff have suggested it would be great if they could see the "most important" posts/conversations at the top of each group.

Could this be built into a view?

Thanks!

19 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • 70 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We generally believe that ALL the people who use a Yammer network should be free to post, reply, create groups, and otherwise participate. That said, we’ve heard from a number of customers that it’d be useful to have some groups that allow only admins to post, in order to maintain a high signal-to-noise ratio. So we’re thinking about it!

• auto message groups that have been inactive for a period of time

Groups that have been inactive for sometime can sometimes require a prompt to ensure that the community managers are putting enough effort into their group or to determine if its still needed.

A prompt would be useful to give those users a nudge at a certain point of time (3 months, 6 months of no activity?) to ask whether the group is still required and provide advice on how to run a Yammer community (which can be provided by the business itself).

This would allow us to effectively keep groups relevant and engaged with whilst removing (or archiving) older groups…

7 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There’s a balance here – we don’t want Yammer groups to feel as ‘heavyweight’ as SharePoint sites or other tools that require heavy group maintenance. If someone creates a Yammer group and it doesn’t take off, we don’t want that person to feel scolded: if so they’re far less likely to continue engaging with Yammer. As of now we’d be unlikely to build in a nudge feature.

On the other hand, we know that healthy Yammer networks have groups that don’t “live forever” (internally, we use a Yammer group for every feature project, and the lifespan of those is limited.) So we’re thinking of ways to focus search results and navigation on currently-active groups.

• Display images in shared posts instead of links to the original.

When users share a post containing an image to another group, the shared post should display the original image as well as the link back to the original conversation. This would be more engaging for the intended audience of a shared post.

24 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • 143 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Allow use of emoji in the post and reply areas

I would like to see emoji tray enabled in Yammer that can be used as part of new post or a reply to a post. Emoji's add a zing to the communication and makes it more interesting. The same set of emoji's available in Skype would suffice. Adding an image or a gif emoji enhances fun in conversation which is absent as of now.

11 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • 163 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          We're considering this  ·  shsushsu responded

Thanks for all the feedback! We also agree there’s an opportunity here to improve the way groups are managed/sorted in the left nav. We’ll be sure to take your input into account as we explore this problem area!

• Connect replies people make to each other under a post much more clearly

Connect replies people make to each other under a post much more clearly, it's driving comments on our intranet (Yammer integrated in O365 sharepoint site) but people can't follow what they are saying to each other in conversation: because everything is dropped at the bottom chronologically. The roll over link reference is nowhere near good enough.

17 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base