Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

I'd like Yammer to...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Yammer Administrators to Disable GIF Feature

Last Week, a Yammer User posted a picture a GIF of a lady taking off her top and then a sign posted CENSORED over her breasts. This is completely inappropriate. We need to be able to moderate our Yammer Groups better and Yammer is encouraging non-professional behavior with the GIF suggestions. Right now when posting a basic windows tip, if I click the GIF button, it is suggesting I add a GIF of the Dave Chappelle Prince Episode or someone taking a swig from a bottle of booze. Most of our users are customer service people who specialize in auto-parts.…

58 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. We are not currently considering the ability to disable this feature, but we are experimenting with ways we can improve filtering so there is less “work inappropriate” content available.

• Add a “Remind me about this post” feature. You can have Yammer remind you to take action on a post.

The Slack tool has this feature currently. For any post you can click the ellipses and tell Yammer to send you a reminder about that post. This is helpful because you may not have time to respond right away but don't want to forget to. Slack offers time increments like "Remind me in...20 minutes, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week."

3 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Start up minimized (like Skype does)

Include an option for the Yammer app to start minimized to the system tray and pop up notifications. Skype has such an option. It leaves the desktop less cluttered on startup.

22 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • 4 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the request! Could you share more context on why you would like this feature? How would you use it and how would it make your life better/easier? Thank you!

• Display posts chronologically

Because posts are not chronologically displayed, it is almost impossible to stay informed of the latest & most relevant posts. In a business setting, no one cares if a picture or item was "Liked" multiple times unless they are the poster. I find I am not seeing new information because my feed prioritizes old "popular" posts. I had a new employee join Yammer on October 19th and I did not get the "Welcome her" message until today (13 days later!). Not acceptable in a business setting.

5 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! It’s helpful to hear about how you’re using Yammer and your expectations for it. We find that most of our users use their groups to stay up to date on important work conversations (conversations are displayed by most recent reply there), and use their home discovery feed for discovering things they wouldn’t otherwise see. We feel that it’s important for you to discover content that might be relevant, so we use several factors including recency and popularity to show you what you might like to see. Sorry we missed the mark on this one, and thanks for sharing the feedback.

• It would save time if I could "like" a message right from my Yammer InBox. More convenient than opening each thread just to give a thumbs up

I get so many Inbox messages of people replying to my post or a post I have replied to. I like to be an encourager and "like" all responses but it takes so much time to open each thread and give a thumbs up. Would be so great if I could just thumbs up that response right from my inbox

3 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the request! This feature would only benefit a small number of our users (most users do not have more than few inbox messages at a time, and those that have many do benefit from having additional context before they like something), so this isn’t a big priority problem to solve right now.

• Nested Groups/ Subgroups

So, three other individuals all posted about the possibility of a hierarchy structure for groups in August of last year. One was told it would never be implemented and the other two were told it would be considered.

It would be optimal if the ability to create subgroups was possible as my company wishes to create a technical support forum of sorts that would require some general structure. Tagging related groups in the right panel isn't what we are looking for. If someone could provide an update about the possibility of this feature being added, that would be wonderful. Thank…

34 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. We’re not actively considering this, so there are no plans to build it. I won’t say that we’ll never consider it – we’re always revisiting ideas on how we can improve the product. Hope that helps.

• Abandoned Yammer Groups will need to be culled, a Bot to do that

Abandoned Yammer Groups will need to be culled. I would prefer a Bot to do that, say after 6 months of inactivity (or 3 months, global admin defined) the Yammer Group simply is deleted automatically. The point here is many Yammer Groups are started with the best intent, but don't take off, which is okay, not every Yammer Group which is started needs to continue.

7 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Give admins the possibility of disabling comments for certain/all announcements and posts

Hi,

It is very annoying when people start giving their 2 cents for announcements done by expert teams. I understand yammer is a site for collaboration and sharing of info but there are times that pure information needs to be shared to the general public.

Give admins the possibility of disabling comments for certain/all announcements/posts

9 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We are unlikely to build this, as it’s part of our mission to empower every employee, which means giving them a voice. However, we understand the need to share official communications and are exploring ways we can help those messages stand out more.

• Be able to customize the "what are you working on" text.

We have various Yammer groups on our intranet and the text doesn't work in all cases. I'd like to be able to customize it to work with each group.

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Create a shortcut to the "Bookmarks" section int he left side panel, next to "Home", "Inbox" & "Notifications"

Currently, in order to review your bookmarked posts, you have to:
                        1.- Click the "Setting & More" gear icon
                        2.- Click on your name
                        3.- Select "Bookmarks"

The whole point of bookmarking a post is to be able to access it in an easy manner, so why not adding a direct link to the "Bookmarks" section in the main site, in the left hand side panel?

11 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • I have provided the admin rights to some users and those users are appointing or giving admin rights to so many users

I have provided the admin rights to some users and those users are appointing or giving admin rights to so many users since as a IT administrator i have appointed only one admin and how that admin providing access to so many users and i dont have any control here or any power users or any preivilaged user access is there ? please let us know

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Align Yammer Release cycles with other O365 products

Similar to other O365 products, introduce in Yammer the roles of Differed Release and First Release users, instead of selecting a/b test users by chance.
                            As a user, I’d like to decide if I want to participate in testing and the early usage of new Yammer features.
                            As administrator, I’d need to be able to evaluate a new feature before/while it is shipped to my user group.
                            As support assistant, I’d like to be able to show my user groups new features and how to use them most efficiently, instead vice versa.

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. We understand that A/B testing absolutely has pain points like the ones you mentioned. However, A/B testing allows us to learn what features actually create better Yammer networks for you, your company, and your employees. Because Yammer is a social tool built to meet the needs of many different types of companies and workers, we need to test features first to see if they work for everyone. If we did release cycles, we wouldn’t have the opportunity to learn and would risk overcomplicating our product with features that actually make people’s lives worse. By participating in A/B testing, your network is lending your voice to whether or not a feature works for you. If we eliminated certain networks from A/B testing, those companies wouldn’t be represented in our insights and we’d risk building something that actually makes your Yammer network worse (more difficult, less engaging for…

• Improve Hashtags

- When using the "Add topics" feature to add topics / hashtags you cannot use "#hashtag", but have to enter "Hashtag". This leads to us having multiple ##hashtag topics (hashtags with double hash/pound prefix). Why can't users enter the topics as they are displayed with a hash/pound sign? You also can't merge ##hashtag topics with #hashtag topics. "Topic already exists".
                              - Where can I see a list of my followed topics? Why don't I have a personalized stream showing only topics I am interested in?.
                              - Why can't we hide certain topics / hashtags per group? In the group "Microsoft…

41 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Restore Notification emails to "notifications@yammer.com" email address

Notifications from Yammer used to come from "notifications@yammer.com" which allowed me to use an Outlook rule to move them all to a folder and keep them separate from the rest of the mail in my Inbox. This allowed me to read and review them when I had time, and also not clutter up my Inbox. Sometime recently the system was changed and now the email address includes a "+(6 or 7 digit code) as in "notifications+ralqgxh@yammer.com" or "notifications+6yydn68e@yammer.com" It breaks the Outlook rule. Why did the change happen? Can it be fixed?

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

This was done to help our customers against some known security vulnerabilities. Now, each email address a notification comes from is random. However, you can set an email rule to notifications*@yammer.com or even just @yammer.com to create rules for Yammer notifications in your email. All notifications will come from a @yammer.com address.

• Don't need progress bar appear while process running in background in Mac Word

I have developed an office 365 add-in which has two long process which run on the load one after the other. When I have long word document like 175 pages it shows progress bar twice because of two processes run in the background. Is there a way to disable the feature of progress bar appearance? Actually I don't want to see this progress bar again and again.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re unlikely to change this, but I will share the feedback with our design team. Can you share a screen shot of this happening? You should be able to just reply to my email.

• Add possibility to specify where SharePoint site connected to Yammer group is created

When I create a new Yammer group, a connected SharePoint site is created. But the default managed path (sites or teams) is not concequently applied. I want to be able to specify where the SharePoint site is created that is connected to the Yammer Group.

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• ...let me delete a group image.

Rather than just being able to change a group's image to another image, why can't it be deleted? I rather have the standard "no image image" (with the dull grey shadow people) than the wrong image that I now have, with nothing to change it to without some work to do first.

2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Turn of getting notifications for likes that you get (more settings for notifications)

I have a college of mine that wants to be able to turn of notification regarding like that she gets.

You should be able control more in settings, what you want to get notification for.

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t currently have any plans to expand our like notification settings currently. We have one like notification – if you have not engaged in 24 hours we send you a notification about your most liked message if you got at like in that time.

• Provide a mechanism to find posts that I've liked.

There are times I can recall liking a post, but find it difficult to find that post again. It would be good if I could find posts that I've liked in a similar way that I can find conversations that I've replied to. This has been requested by a couple of other uses on our Yammer too.

8 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base