Feedback by UserVoice

Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

(We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the “UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy”: https://www.uservoice.com/tos/, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft)

I'd like Yammer to...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like a feed of just the groups I've joined and people I follow.

I believe the "Following" tab used to do this, but now it's just conversations I follow. I have no interest in clicking group to group, I want to get all my updates in a single feed with no extra noise.

51 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Enable Customizable Two-Step Validation for posts to the 'All Company' group

We'd like Yammer/Microsoft to enhance the tool so organizations & their Yammer admins can enable (if they choose) a "second-check" step for all users who attempt to post to 'All Company'.

- Yammer admins can enable or disable this feature
      - Yammer admins can modify the "2nd check" message that would appear to end users if they attempt to post to 'All Company'. The msg appears adjacent to 'Submit' and 'Go back' buttons.

This 2nd-check message box give our company the opportunity to give a company-designed message to educate users that they're communicate to all and aware of possible consequences…

7 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! We probably wouldn’t build a check-point system for posting, but we’re considering ways we can improve and make All Company less noisy.

• allow custom "Group Patterns"

The "Group Patterns" available aren't suitable for business and are a bit silly. Please allow us to upload our own image or just disable the patterns.

11 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Based on text analysis, I'd like a visual indicator (and filtering functions) showing when a post is entirely congratulatory.

While many people like to read such posts, they don't really add all that much functionality or new information to discussions; it'd be useful to be able to filter them out or at least have them marked in some way before viewing/loading the full text. Presumably direct responses to viewers' own posts would be exempted by default as people are more likely to want to read those regardless.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Untag someone from a post

Provide the ability to remove someone from a post. I accidentally tagged the wrong person and realized it after I added the post. I was unable to remove the wrong person and could only add a new person.

13 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! This is a little complicated for us to do from an engineering perspective, and it’s not a top priority right now, but we appreciate the insight that it’s been a painpoint for you.

• Give quick access to favorites

When using favorites to mark a post we need/want to come back on user have to go on his profile to get access to favorites. As favorites are meant to be really quick (no need to search to find) it would be usefull to get a "Favorites"icon on the top left of yammer (group with "Home" "Mailbox" and "Notifications

20 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • 3 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

While we don’t current plans to build this in the product, you can insert emojis by using a keyboard shortcut:

Mac: Control + Command + Space
                  Windows 10: Win + period (.) or Win + semicolon (;)

The emoji keyboard will pop up and you can select which emoji you’d like to use. Hope that’s helpful!

• Provide capability to filter available groups to show only groups with unread messages.

As a person with a tiny scroll-bar next to my groups list, I find it a time drag to scroll through available groups to focus on groups with unread messages so I can tackle them in a user-defined priority order. In summary, I am hoping for a quick filter for All/Unread much like Outlook can do with my inbox.

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Bring back the "Alphabet Picker" on the Group Directory page

There used to be a way to navigate to groups that begin with a specific letter on the Group Directory page, and that functionality was removed with a recent redesign. Now, it takes more time to find a specific group, which feels like a step backwards. Please bring it back.

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We’re working on a lot things these days, and unfortunately this isn’t a top priority. We recommend using Search to look for the group.

• Let me quickly see all polls, announcements, or praise for a specific community

As a member or an owner I should be able to quickly see all announcements, polls, or praise that's been posted in a particular community. Imagine that I saw an announcement come through but didn't have time to digest it, so I think Ill come take that later...in the course of the day, though, it gets pushed down into the newsfeed and I now have to scroll through looking for it. Or I remember somehting that was announced last month that I want to re-read. Yikes.
                      If I had a way to see all announcements in that group with one…

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! This sounds a mixture of challenges – a) not being able to easily see important content and b) not being able to easily search for content.

We’re planning on building the ability to pin a post to a group – so important content will stay on top of the group as long as the admin deems it relevant. This should make it easier to find important announcements.

We’re also planning to improve our search functionality – that’s helpful feedback to consider that filtering by post type would be helpful to you.

We don’t have any current plans to filter posts by post type within the group, but hopefully the other planned improvements will help address this problem. In the meantime, we recommend using the group search bar, located in the group banner next to “Files”.

• be able to access my bookmarked posts on the mobile app

It doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense that I can't check my bookmarked posts on the mobile app.

A lot of our workers are away from their desks a lot throughout the day. They 'expect' to be able to bookmark posts so that they can read them when they have the time. More often than not its on their commute to/from work, at lunch or even at home on the couch.

I've seen responses to similar posts from early last year. Is there a plan to implement this feature for mobile?

15 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Nested Groups/ Subgroups

So, three other individuals all posted about the possibility of a hierarchy structure for groups in August of last year. One was told it would never be implemented and the other two were told it would be considered.

It would be optimal if the ability to create subgroups was possible as my company wishes to create a technical support forum of sorts that would require some general structure. Tagging related groups in the right panel isn't what we are looking for. If someone could provide an update about the possibility of this feature being added, that would be wonderful. Thank…

64 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. We’re not actively considering this, so there are no plans to build it. I won’t say that we’ll never consider it – we’re always revisiting ideas on how we can improve the product. Hope that helps.

• allow users to link website addresses or YouTube videos

Allow users to click on a "paperclip" to add website addresses or YouTube videos.

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! This might not be what you’re looking for, but you can copy and paste any URL into a post. Depending on where it’s coming from, it may not show a thumbnail image.

• enable me to personalize/customize the layout

Few examples:
                              - There are some standard links that cannot be change
                              - Include apps without the need to login (eg: Company's Facebook page)
                              - Change side menus
                              - Group statistics and possibility to mark a post to the top

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We are considering some of these things like pinning a post to the top of the group. However, we’re not planning on adding options to customize layout. You might try a Sharepoint Communication Site for this purpose.

• Display posts chronologically

Because posts are not chronologically displayed, it is almost impossible to stay informed of the latest & most relevant posts. In a business setting, no one cares if a picture or item was "Liked" multiple times unless they are the poster. I find I am not seeing new information because my feed prioritizes old "popular" posts. I had a new employee join Yammer on October 19th and I did not get the "Welcome her" message until today (13 days later!). Not acceptable in a business setting.

44 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! It’s helpful to hear about how you’re using Yammer and your expectations for it. We find that most of our users use their groups to stay up to date on important work conversations (conversations are displayed by most recent reply there), and use their home discovery feed for discovering things they wouldn’t otherwise see. We feel that it’s important for you to discover content that might be relevant, so we use several factors including recency and popularity to show you what you might like to see. Sorry we missed the mark on this one, and thanks for sharing the feedback.

• Yammer : "Select a file on SharePoint" not pointing to proper file location Hello, a question about the "Select a file on SharePoint" optio

The "Select a file on SharePoint" option doesn't actually allow for SharePoint files.

My company has a SharePoint site which we host files/documents and we use Yammer as a way of distributing and announcing when we have new ones.

This button seems like a great feature to have, rather than just putting the SharePoint file url, but everytime I try to use it, it is just giving me a folder location of my Office 365 OneDrive, not our SharePoint.

Either rename the button "Share from OneDrive", or allow it to actually point to SharePoint file locations.

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• 1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• 1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there – a few follow up questions:

• Is the large font setting a screen-wide setting, or a browser specific setting? If the latter, which browser?
                                        • Can you clarify ‘too jumbled’ – is it that because they are larger, that fewer of them fit on the screen at once? Or are they starting to overlap with one another or something more like that?
                                      • Let users being able to publish as a shared mailbox or generic name

I think it would be a good feature if users could publish as themself or a shared mailbox they have access too.

Obviously yammer administrators should have the right to authorize or disable this feature

17 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Allow Yammer Administrators to Disable GIF Feature

Last Week, a Yammer User posted a picture a GIF of a lady taking off her top and then a sign posted CENSORED over her breasts. This is completely inappropriate. We need to be able to moderate our Yammer Groups better and Yammer is encouraging non-professional behavior with the GIF suggestions. Right now when posting a basic windows tip, if I click the GIF button, it is suggesting I add a GIF of the Dave Chappelle Prince Episode or someone taking a swig from a bottle of booze. Most of our users are customer service people who specialize in auto-parts.…

105 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. We are not currently considering the ability to disable this feature, but we are experimenting with ways we can improve filtering so there is less “work inappropriate” content available.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

User Voice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy