I'd like Yammer to...

Support editing of Yammer posts

Sometimes people make typos or forget to add that image - Yammer needs to support edit post functionality.

351 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cindy AlvarezCindy Alvarez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

53 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Awesome. Thanks. Great that users are able to edit their posts now to correct typos etc. It would be great if Yammer admins could edit all posts on Yammer to be able to correct typos in other people’s posts when other people are away and have no access to Yammer.

• Birgit S. KristensenBirgit S. Kristensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's working, but what a shame that you can not edit tags or even add some when editing. It would really be great if that functionality could be added.

• Pascal BYLLPascal BYLL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great news! Thank you very much to all and your teams :)

PS : Now, they will be able to concentrate on the support of the emoticons and the archiving of the groups ;)

Love Yammer! Hate the fact that you can't edit a post even if there is an error/paste a link that no longer works. People have commented already, so don't want to delete the post. Please implement the edit option.

• Pascal BYLLPascal BYLL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Isn't possible to edit posts !!! We are obliged to delete a publication to rewrite it if we want to add information or correct errors ... Really vexing ...

Please try to implement this fonctionnality fastly !

It is very difficult to explain to our collaborators that we will deploy a new application (Yammer) and say that it is performing with such failures ...

• Nicole RandallNicole Randall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So many times I accidentally hit ctrl enter before I finish a post (because I'm used to Facebook), and have to delete the post and start again. Editing should be a basic function of a platform.

• Thanh TienThanh Tien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Yammer , I want sync Firstname and Lastname the same info with O365 and restrict user update it

It should also have the ability to edit comments as well, not just the original posts.

I can't live in this situation. How a such big organisation like Microsoft can tolerate that kind of failure in user experience. I do not understand.

Please let me know when this is available. I mis spelled a colleague's name and it's embarassing to not show them respect by fixing the error once it was caught.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base