Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cindy AlvarezCindy Alvarez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    We're considering this  ·  shsushsu responded  · 

Thanks for all the feedback! We also agree there’s an opportunity here to improve the way groups are managed/sorted in the left nav. We’ll be sure to take your input into account as we explore this problem area!

39 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In workplace by facebook for example, there are types of groups on the left side. I think We should define 3 to 10 types of groups (transversal groups, project/tender groups, fun groups, team groups etc).

Like this, the user experience could be improved!! What do you think?

• RadekRadek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

..its really big problém in my company, Are there any release date?

Could really use this at my company. It's a high priority feature request for us.

• LisaLisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree it would improve the usability if we could order/sort our groups based on preference. Thanks for the consideration of this update, hopefully something you'll be able to implement.

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need one group at the top of the list as it is how we communicate within our school. WIth out ordering I won't subscribe to other groups as I don't want to have to search for my most important group.

I would like to sort manually groups in Yammer
        It seems that this developpement has been requested since more than 6 months.
        Can we have an ETA ?

Thanks

I have a few groups that I keep up on a few times a day and other groups that I read once a day or once a week. I would like to move my important groups to the top.

• IngoIngo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now I am subsrcibed to about 25 groups, I would need 2 to really get my job done (without looking left or right), mostly optional are about 5 groups.

Could we just get the groups sorted by number of unread posts please? I follow a lot of groups, but not all have posts each day, so end up having to scroll to see the full list of groups and where the posts are.

• Christopher SheikChristopher Sheik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are in our Yammer scale-out phase for 70,000 employees. if 1 in a 100 creates a group, that's 7,000 groups. Consider mapping a user's notification preferences on groups "followed" to the groups displayed in the left-hand sidebar.

I belong to 15 groups of which 5 are important. The others i check but not so regularly.

For me, there are 3 groups that I must monitor continuously. Pinning those would be wonderful.

I belong to 17 groups - I would belong to more if there was a way to sort them. I unjoined some groups that I didn't visit as often in an effort to make the list less cluttered. I consider 7 important enough that I need to check them often (several times a day). I would most like to be able to just order them at least alphabetically. Sorting into groups, not so much. Free sorting into whatever order i want - maybe.

• JonathanJonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're just getting started on Yammer, so I'm in pretty much every group (about 25 at the moment, and growing) to help people use them and keep content flowing. I only use about three groups for my own work. For now I need to keep track of all content, but later I won't need to monitor most of these.

Whatever the current sorting algorithm is, the effect is intrusive, bordering on downright annoying. I know how I want to sort my groups; your algorithm doesn't.

Here is a place where the user is perfectly able to exert control, and the current interface removes that control. Net effect: frustration.

14 groups; 8 needing work-related regular attention; 6 social or otherwise not urgent.

• MarcMarc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have over 20 different projects going on at any time, and we need to be able to archive and move them around as need arises.

• Doris FuchsDoris Fuchs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Michael.
        At the time being I watch 25 groups (more to come), 10 - 15 are very important for my daily work.

I have over a dozen groups on various topics, I access them regularly but would like to be able to order them according to frequency or topic

• Michael ElliotMichael Elliot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I watch 61 groups and i am always finding more. Maybe 15 of those are passing interests, but the rest are important to keep up with daily - but that is so not the point! The order of this list should be user driven. Forget just "pinning" - let us drag and drop the order we want and need, including every group we have joined. Then let us choose the order of *all* the remaining groups we have not explicitly touched, either by traffic, number of members, or i'm sure some folks will want to leave it at alphabetical. End user choice is one of the most important features of the best user experiences.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base