Feedback by UserVoice

I'd like Yammer to...

Support rich text formatting in Yammer posts

Let me use bold/italics and simple bullet points to make Yammer posts easier to read.

543 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cindy Alvarez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    We plan to build this  ·  AdminEmma Beede (Admin, Yammer) responded  · 

We’re currently looking to learn about text formatting in Yammer and your other work tools. Please fill out the following survey to help us design this feature request: bit.ly/2m4Zj7I

You will be entered in a raffle for a chance to win a $60 amazon gift card upon completing this survey. Thank you!

86 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Amanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. I'd like to communicate more clearly using some simple formatting.

• jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

new customer trying to use Yammer. Big disappointment we can't bold. Would love a communication o potential timing if it is in the plans.

• Ruth Cheesley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have an update on the status for this popular request seeing as the last update was so long ago!

• krishna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am really looking for this feature which will should allow developers to post RICH html to yammer through API.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I originally created an elaborate post all sorts of formatting with the SP 2010 post options and was very disappointed by the outcome of my post. I had to edit it to be all plain and not as exciting as I had wanted.

Microsoft - you said you were planning to build this - back in March 2017 - a year later and it's still not available? When will this be delivered?

Making it possible to format text will really help to enhance the clarity of announcements and ideas shared on Yammer at my workplace. A lot of confusion is being caused by the lack of this functionality.

• Joel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of even basic formatting options really limit cases where I can use Yammer. Or it forces me into something silly like posting a link to a place where I CAN format something so it is readable.

• Nicky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are there any plans to add this any time soon? It will be much appreciated!

I would suggest looking at what some of the similar communication mechanisms use. For example, i would expect to do anything with Yammer that I can do within Slack... add pictures, files, gif responses, code snippets, etc.

Subscripts and superscripts are also useful - business, scientific and other fields use them a lot. Especially scientific.

• chad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? In addition to bold and bullets, hyperlink text like Announcements would be nice too.

• Robbie Klaesi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like the feature to use: Bold, Italic, and Underline in yammer posts. Bullets would also be a nice feature.

Thanks!

• Krishna Kumar Nanjundaprasad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need Rich Text formatting options across all kinds of posts in Yammer.
        Not every post is an announcement and currently announcement is the only way to have rich text in the post!.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base

User Voice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy