I'd like Yammer to...

Support rich text formatting in Yammer posts

Let me use bold/italics and simple bullet points to make Yammer posts easier to read.

324 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cindy AlvarezCindy Alvarez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    We plan to build this  ·  Emma BeedeAdminEmma Beede (Admin, Yammer) responded  · 

We’re currently looking to learn about text formatting in Yammer and your other work tools. Please fill out the following survey to help us design this feature request: bit.ly/2m4Zj7I

You will be entered in a raffle for a chance to win a $60 amazon gift card upon completing this survey. Thank you!

44 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need formatting in Yammer. Bullets, bold, indent. This is such a limitation. I am trying to get my team off of Facebook Workplace and Slack into a common space where we can all talk together, but the Yammer (and sharepoint/O365) are sure not making that task easy!

You don't need a survey and you don't need to research :-). Just ask your programmers what they need to use Yammer for sharing code snippets and for discussing technical issues. Markdown would be fine.

Please add markdown formatting. Would be very nice to post code snippets properly formatted.

• TaherTaher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, does your work on text formating include the possibility of use emoticons? :)

Other microsoft products such as TFS support MarkDown....just add MarkDown support to Yammer...simple!

• DaveDave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need bullet points, and hyperlinks. Given it's already available in the announcement, this shouldnt be a hard thing to implement.

• Arthur SpectorArthur Spector commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking for the ability to underline text in an Announcement. This would be a good addition to the current ability to bold or italicize text.

• James MartinJames Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding Markdown support would solve this and many other communications deficits without having to reinvent the wheel.

• James AllenJames Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is this going to be implemented? It's a core feature with what Yammer is promising. Seems formatting has been a rather desired feature for a long time.

• LHLH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I filled out the survey, but messages change all the time, so kind of hard to provide a true example.

Standard "MS Word like " Formatting would be ideal: Colors, underline, fonts, indents, outdents, hyperlinks, MS teams provides some great features and good organization, but it limits itself to how many people can be part of a team. Yammer does not which is great, but Yammer is so limited that messages are lost and key information is hard to find.

• SaschaSascha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Markdown as in so many other tools would be great. WYSIWYG does not necessarily have to be (it's IMHO overrated ;-)).

Also ability to use hyperlinked words in posts would be good, so we would not need to post the whole URL. Thanks.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base