(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cindy Alvarez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    We plan to build this  ·  AdminEmma Beede (Admin, Yammer) responded  · 

We are working towards connecting All Company to be an Office 365 group. This requires significant work due to it’s size and because it automatically includes everyone in the company. Once this work is done, the All Company group will then be customizable similar to other groups.

Unfortunately, there are no quick fixes for this in the meantime – due to the fact that All Company was not engineered the same as other Yammer groups, it’s not as simple as revealing functionality to edit. We understand the pain point, and look forward to delivering this functionality in the future.

62 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hayden Lazarus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Arrange posts in chronological order based on original post date: This would be a great feature as our team originally posted in one user group, we have now created multiple groups and when we move posts over to new groups the timeline is lost and muddled, very confusing for the users

• Hayden Lazarus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SPITTLE, that's the word you use to describe your glyph in your branding guidelines, page 4 (https://yammerassets.blob.core.windows.net/assets/sites/12/2014/07/Yammer_BrandIdentityGuidelines-1.pdf). We know you understand branding so why on earth is there an 'All Company' group that can't be edited? I know you said you were working on it but this is an Enterprise level piece of software -- should have been key in your architecture: "We plan to build this" is a little vague can you put a timeframe on this, pretty please?

• Paul Frederickson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As far as priorities, I would value the quick ability to rename 'All company' far more than being able to connect it to an Office 365 group.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Piling on a me-too to this topic. As we on-boarded people that was the first question asked on what could be done.

• Joe Keogan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The text "This is the default group for everyone in the UTC network" is too generic. I would like to modify the image and text.

• Anders Munck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dean, I totally agree. Our business have flat-out rejected using Yammer for this reason, and are now actively looking at Facebook Workplace instead. I can't force 25.000 users to use a tool they can't brand.

• Dean Zimmermann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK, it's February 2018. Any hope of replacing that waffle toaster anytime soon? We're also thinking of just renaming our company to "All Company" so that'll fix that part.

• Barbara Sennrich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This appears to be the top 2 suggestion users would like Yammer to act on. Would be great to see this being implemented as soon as possible as not being able to customize the All Company default group is a real shame.

• John Tropea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All Company doesn't have a settings cog. If they revealed it would everything else in the settings be greyed out, except image/name?

• Tim Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All Company should at the very least pick up the Network logo if it's set - seems a very simple change to make

• Steve Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Funny to see the above statement that were considering this!!!! How long will the consideration stage take!
        All company should be able to be deleted as it has no associated sharepoint group or site for our users. Its an abberation. I for the life of me cannot think why you would have done this. When will it be fixed or deleted?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Software 101 People, if your going to force a default account, at least allow us to edit it. Zero customization, can't rename, can't do profile photo, can't add description, can't hide all together, can't assign another group as a default. Microsoft Yammer is forcing companies to fit in a circled peg, when that isn't always the setup admin might want.

Seems like a highly voted item, listen to your people Yammer!

• Cynical commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we delete the ALL COMPANY group or hide it? Lazy employees post in it all the time without checking.

• KaS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
        preferable to have the ability to change the name and Logo of "All Company" group.

• Wayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, any progress on allowing us to change the 'All Company' group name? The 'All Company' group looks really odd in our Yammer community.

• Anders Munck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was a feature when Yammer was first added to Office 365 plans, but it seems to have disappeared when integrated the top menu-bar from O365. If you look at the URL it isn't even a real group. It is just a feed made to look like a group.

Obviously that need to be fixed asap. I'm almost inclined to report it as a bug, since it worked before.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base

User Voice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy