Feedback by UserVoice

I'd like Yammer to...

Be able to pin messages to the top of groups

The idea is to be able to pin messages to the top of a group. This could be used to post welcome messages or important information. Announcements do stay at the top until read but that does disappear and doesn't affect new joiners to that group.

496 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nick Ledger shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

78 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Manoj Francis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this requirement? This is a very basic requirement in a forum like application and I am actually shocked that Microsoft is yet to bring this key feature in Yammer. The post is more than 2 years old and still no update on when this feature will be implemented in Yammer.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, is this available yet? currently, our important announcements is lost in the sea of info once there is a new comment on another post. Please advise when this can be available. thank you! -JC

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely a hugely useful suggestion and definitely not to be seen as a replacement for announcements. For example you may want to make an announcement and then pin it to the top of the feed for a period of time so that it doesn't get lost in other conversation. Or perhaps there is a #topic that is being discussed and you want to keep it in the limelight for a time to improve response rates. Or a poll? The list goes on! haha

• Hiran Jayasundara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes.. please add this option; since we like certain posts (e.g. polls) to appear at top for a certain period. Thanks!

• Rob Pearce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please try and push this to the front of the queue to build it would be so useful. It's unfortunate that all announcements currently just get lower in the thread where people may not see them.

• William Whitehead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love how you are able to pin "We Plan to Build This" in uservoice.com, but you still haven't built this in Yammer yet.

• William Whitehead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should only take about 30 lines of code (full-stack) to implement, and most of that is boiler-plate. So why isn't this being done yet?

• Ishen Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would just like to echo the many requests for a pinning feature and for a rough ETA.
        Thanks and I can't wait for this feature - all 2500 employees will be happy!

• Andrew Marunchak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this isn't a baseline feature of Yammer. Please, please, please implement it so we can organize information reliably!

• candyfrolic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely looking forward to this feature as it's very difficult to encourage the less engage of our organisation to use Yammer if they have to troll through a feed to find what they are looking for! Just want to reiterate what another user has flagged re: pinning polls and not just conversations or announcements. If you are using a poll to gauge real interest on a topic you don't want it lost in the feed!

• Lilly Diaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Emma Beede thanks so much for your recent update. I know progress on this depends on staffing and having the resources to complete this request. But once your team starts moving on this could you check back and give us an ETA (loose date - just to have a sense) that would be APPRECIATED. Just like others here have voiced our company has a very big interest in this feature. This can't come soon enough! THANKS in advance for all the work I can't wait to see this happen!!!

• CL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be doubly helpful if we could have an option to pin Files to the top of the File page for groups. Ever since you nixed Notes, this has been a sort of thorn wherein important files get lost in the shuffle of every single thing every person posts. It would be wonderful to be able to pin important informational Files at the top of the Files page. Thank you!

Will this be an admin feature only? Admins should at least be able to unpin messages.

This is a must - glad you are 'considering' it - look forward to seeing it as "We are building this"

Cindy, in relation to your question about Pinned vs. Announcement, I would definitely see these as different. You could pin a announcement, but you may not want all announcements pinned, as they may only be a point in time announcement that needs attention for a short period. I would use pinned content to keep it at the top of a group for a longer period of time. Also you may not always need to extra push reach of announcements.

If you wanted to get rid of announcements, it would be better to offer the full editing functionality to regular posts.

Yes please! An update on progress? Has this been bumped up the list now that you can edit posts?

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base

User Voice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy