Feedback by UserVoice

I'd like Yammer to...

Allow users to change order of Groups

It would be extremely helpful if we can arrange the order of the group. Individuals should be able to customize that on their own. For example for Marketing team members, they would want all the marketing groups to be at the top etc.

627 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mapo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    We're considering this  ·  AdminEmma Beede (Admin, Yammer) responded  · 

This is no longer prioritized, but we’re working on a few new improvements to your groups list. We may revisit this in the future.

To learn about how we decide what features to build, check out this talk members our user research, product management, and data science team gave at Ignite in September 2017. It shares our process of all the methods we use to listen to our customers and how they input into our roadmap. https://myignite.microsoft.com/sessions/53799?source=sessions

130 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Saugata Chowdhury commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, This will be of great help if we can rearrange the groups as per our preference. I hope this feature gets implemented soon.

• WHARV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah. I was trying to drag and drop groups and looking for some preference setting for 20 minutes. I am also dumbfounded as to why this isn't a standard feature.

• Jochen Wessel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fully supported from my pov, this is really some essential and basic feature and it is surprising that it is not available today...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. The ability to sort has been a part of *every* major Microsoft product since Windows 95, Office 95, and IE 1.x. Don't break Microsoft UI traditions of the last 23 years. Thanks!

• Claude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only way that I found to move my most important group to the top is to leave the other one! It leave me with only a few and they are now all at the top... one would think that in 2018, we shouldn't have to do such thing...

Please reconsider and implement this - it would be really helpful in order to maintain overview of all the things happening on our Yammer site.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So many people want this feature - please reconsider and implement

• Carrie Topolski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement this . It's very frustrating. I am really surprised that this simple function doesn't already exist. The way it sorts now makes no sense at all.

• Robbie Klaesi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can we 'force' sort "All Groups" from A to Z - as it's quite frustrating not being able to do this.

We use Yammer as a resource base, and frequently need items sequential or alphabetically listed.

Personally I'd like to be able to sort the groups by the number of unread messages, highest number at the top. And also widen the group name column so I could actually see the full names of the groups. It's not helping that there are blank areas off to the left and right of the Yammer double-column layout which aren't being used for anything useful at all.

• Matt Alter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My customers would like to sort these groups. Right now it seem like a random set of rules are being applied.

• Chad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I entered my groups in alphabetical order as I wanted them to be listed. Once I was done setting up all 12 groups Yammer reorganized them automatically to be in no order at all. I understand it not being a feature but for it to automatically rearrange them is ridiculous. I bought Office 365 to have the admin controls over Yammer now your telling me I don't have control.

It would be even better if we can customise and build/organise nested groups. Other enterprise collaboration platform has this feature so it is technically possible.

• Dan Makoske commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not user selectable prioritization? That's disappointing. These tools are supposed to make our work easier, not get in the way. I spend more time looking for things because Microsoft has its own ideas about how to arrange them - AND the arrangement is something that I can't control, predict, or even work around. So even if I know where something is today, it might be someplace else tomorrow.

• Mari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the option to alphabetize the list of my groups displayed on my home page. I like things in order! And scrolling thru a messy list of groups to find a specific one is annoying!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base

User Voice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy