I'd like Yammer to...

Allow users to change order of Groups

It would be extremely helpful if we can arrange the order of the group. Individuals should be able to customize that on their own. For example for Marketing team members, they would want all the marketing groups to be at the top etc.

449 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mapo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    We're considering this  ·  AdminEmma Beede (Admin, Yammer) responded  · 

This is no longer prioritized, but we’re working on a few new improvements to your groups list. We may revisit this in the future.

To learn about how we decide what features to build, check out this talk members our user research, product management, and data science team gave at Ignite in September 2017. It shares our process of all the methods we use to listen to our customers and how they input into our roadmap. https://myignite.microsoft.com/sessions/53799?source=sessions

102 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please prioritise this. I'd like to be able to categorise my groups.

• Gerard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality should be mandatory. The current sorting really seems to be random, not even alphabetical.

• AdminEmma Beede (Admin, Yammer) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi @jeff@sunvalleysolar.com, things that are upvoted on UserVoice is not meant to be a prioritized list of things - UserVoice is just one way that we listen and learn to our customers. We also conduct qualitative interviews, do data exploration, and A/B test features. We also need to be looking ahead at all the innovative opportunities we have to create more value for our users. Unfortunately, we can't build everything at once so we have to prioritize. To learn more about how we decide to build the features that we do, feel free to watch this talk we did at Ignite, our Microsoft customer conference: https://myignite.microsoft.com/sessions/53799?source=sessions

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It amazes me how some of the most voted items users are asking for is not a priority. Defeats the purpose of user feedback. Listed to your users!

• Scott Pesetsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's clear that microsoft does not view users as customers, and that our preferences are not respected. The inability to rationally order groups reduces the value of Yammer. That's obvious to users. Even if user reordering is complicated, how about ordering alphabetically, or last used, or anything useful.

• Lars commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this, it is absolutely necessary to have a way of arranging/sorting groups by different rules. Right now it's a mess.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature as I need to put my groups regarding certain items all together instead of them scattered all over. Come on guys testing does not take that long to do.

How long does testing require? Anna Marie noted Sept. 23rd, 2016 to be working on tests.
        Would be definitely a well appreciated feature by almost everyone. Can't be that difficult to implement for pros like the Yammer team. Thanks.

• Ethel Aardvaard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's pretty clear the Yammer development teams do not really CARE what people want or need. This has been an issue for YEARS now.

I need to be able to change the order in which Yammer lists my groups. I am not sure how Yammer is sorting them now, but it is not helpful. It is important to use tools that are helpful.

About time this was made available.
        In the age of Social Media and the user doing what they want. THIS IS A MUST.
        It should be a very simple change.

I see no rational in the current situation, it is totally random where the groups appear day to day.

• Robert-Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please expedite this user change request! Seems a no brainer to me in order to stimulate Yammer adoption. Use case: I'm working across multiple industry groups. Now these groups are scattered randomly in my list of groups and frankly I lose interest using Yammer because I can't easily manage my information the way I want. I want to bring these industry groups together in one (private) sub group called 'industries' sort them alphabetically and be able to expand and collapse this sub group.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base