I'd like Yammer to...

Allow users to change order of Groups

It would be extremely helpful if we can arrange the order of the group. Individuals should be able to customize that on their own. For example for Marketing team members, they would want all the marketing groups to be at the top etc.

356 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MapoMapo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

79 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matt VanecekMatt Vanecek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be considered a must have feature, instead of something that's just being considered.

• WaltWalt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current functionality of this just more micro managing from Microsoft. Users should have the ability to set their own preferences in sorting rather than living under Nanny Microsoft's directives.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that there is little response from MS since Sept 2016 when saying they are working on something doesn't bode well. It also could lessen anyone else voting for it a year down the track, thinking MS has abandoned it so why bother! I voted anyway!

Hi All,
        is there any news on this concern? We would appreciate too in my company if this feature become available.Thanks

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Anna Marie. Are you still considering? It seems to me as we are a substantial number of users who find it a great idea to be able so arrange the group order.

Why can't we, the end users, have a choice in how we want our groups displayed. I want them sorted Alphabetically and really don't give a crap about activity.

• Ethel AardvaardEthel Aardvaard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft have a clever algorithm for sorting based on what they think people want, but bears no resemblance to what people actually want. Very similar to the "recently used programs" idea on the windows start menu a few versions ago, that meant icons moved randomly over time (as far as the user is concerned).
        I follow a number of Yammer groups but the most important is also the most quiet. However, Microsoft see "busy" as "important" and "quiet" as "unimportant", so the ones covering discussions around the canteen menu eclipse the ones about critical IT systems' forecast system down-time.

It is not always clever to implement a clever algorithm, just because you can.

• Matt VanecekMatt Vanecek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How was this not included from the outset? As the number of groups I'm in increases, it's more difficult to find specific groups within the random ordering used in the navigation pane. To me, is a basic need that should have been implemented before the product was released.

Yes please! 'Standard browser architecture' for favourites (exactly like shortcuts or exactly the way that it is done in OneNote) please, enabled for any group! :) Wonderful. Take a leaf out of OneNote's GUI. It is one of the best pieces of software ever made. Come on Yammer team, you have created real genius! Now let's get this done :)

Another Vote for this idea - seems we have a number of users requesting this in our organisation

This feature would be especially helpful to allow users to quickly and efficiently navigate to the groups they need to frequent the most.

• Arnaud dupinArnaud dupin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In workplace by facebook for example, there are types of groups on the left side. I think We should define 3 to 10 types of groups (transversal groups, project/tender groups, fun groups, team groups etc).

Like this, the user experience could be improved!! What do you think?

• Office 365 Japan Support TeamOffice 365 Japan Support Team commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope the feature to be implemented that enables to edit the "Groups lists I'm in" shown at the left screen. I wish the feature such as "Show/Hide" and "Sort folder" to be available because I have a difficulty in viewing the lists if I have many groups.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base