Feedback by UserVoice

I'd like Yammer to...

to provide download statistics for files

Yammer should provide download statistics (no. of downloads over time) for files uploaded. These statistics should be available also to the end user in a simple way. All details could be available to admins.

10 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jonathan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am interested in tracking the number of downloads for several posts made to the BP Yammer page. I post a tip of the week on the BP Yammer page. I would like to know how many people are downloading the tips. (attached files). Please let me know if this is available now.
    Thank you. Jeff

• Phil Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our workforce is highly mobile and spread across multiple locations. Today, we mainly use email, SharePoint and Yammer to provide information to that team.

Some of the information is "push out" of leader style communications, but more important is the publication of presentation materials and general reference materials. Specifically, presentation materials (aka webcasts) are uploaded to Yammer and "announced" with post.

We can get detailed statistics for SharePoint usage, decent statistics for email announcements, but next to nothing for Yammer access. Not only would we like to understand who has seen a specific post (separate requirement), but also who has accessed the webcast files.

Yammer fails miserably with the availability of detailed usage data compared to other collaboration tools.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

User Voice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy