Feedback by UserVoice

I'd like Yammer to...

Integrate Yammer in the full Office 365 developer platform

We have developed a custom web part to extract messages with image and video attachments from a specific group and display them on any page in SharePoint. The web part is used to engage users to share their experience within the company on Yammer on specific topics.

However, using the REST API /messages/in_group/[:group_id].json to return all messages we have run into a problem.

When calling the API with query param threaded:true we expected to retrieve the thread starter (first message) for each thread and having them sorted by created date and not by "latest activity".

This means that if an older message is commented, it seems that this message is then returned in between the newer messages.

In some edge cases this can result in a scenario where an older message is the last item in the returned messages array and when using that message items id to query older messages, we only get messages older than that and risk not returning newer messages in between.

I am told this is a limitation with the API, so I would very much like to have some newer and better integration options for Yammer. It would be great to move it closer to the full Office 365 developer platform and perhaps make more API options available through MS Graph e.g.

9 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anders Nielsen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base