Feedback by UserVoice

Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

(We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the “UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy”: https://www.uservoice.com/tos/, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft)

I'd like Yammer to...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rebrand Yammer

Yammer doesn't get the credit that it deserves as a place to share knowledge and gain information from collaborating with others. It really needs a rebranding of the name. In our large corporation employees struggle to understand and realize it's potential. The name Yammer implies "to utter persistent complaints or whine or "to talk persistently or volubly and often loudly". Desperately needs a new name.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide options about displaying Yammer Desktop app

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Yammer デスクトップ アプリにウィンドウの表示に関する設定項目を実装して欲しい。

Provide options about displaying Yammer Desktop app
    ■Description(内容):
    Yammer デスクトップ アプリにおいて、Skype for Business の 設定項目 [Start the app in the foreground] のような設定項目を設け、他のウィンドウより前に表示される/されないをユーザーで設定できるようにして欲しい。

I would like to have a setting such as Skype for Business [Start the app in the foreground] on Yammer Desktop app as well. It will be great if users could select to display Yammer whether in front of or behind of other app windows.

Thank you for your consideration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. seen by (users)

I can see how many users have seen my post. But it would be nice to click on the text to see WHO has seen the post,

then I can ask somebody to reply when i know they have seen my post but not replied.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Not show the discovery page by default when opening Yammer, but only groups and people I follow.

People get scared by the amount of info on Yammer that is not relevant for them, but which they get to see by default. Or you should be able to block groups that are not relevant for you to not see any of their content.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Refresh the Yammer UI

Yammer user interface looks like something from 2008. Issues that we have identified: -

The big issue we identified is the white canvas for the posts and the white background on the posts. Having a white background means that: -
    - The posts (which also have a white background) don't stand out.
    - The responses (which then have a grey background) are not logically linked to the original posts.

Other features that are also problematic are: -
    - Yammer Groups on the sidebar - These cannot be re-ordered (even though they can be dragged giving the impression you should be…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add links to posts without displaying the WHOLE ugly link.

I don't understand why this isn't already a feature to add a web link? Yammer already resolves the link and pulls images and title text so why not hide the ugly web link?

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. be able to report posts to admin that breach our terms of use

As a company that is heavily regulated we have strict guidelines about what Yammer can be used for. This enables us to ensure our customers data is managed accordingly. It's important for people to be able to quickly report any posts that breaches our terms of use. Can we please have a report a post function that allows admins/community managers to be notified of any posts that breach these terms.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it easy to call or initiate a private chat with someone from their yammer post

We sometimes want to call someone or initiate a private chat in Teams with someone from their Yammer post. When you hover over their name, you get their phone number, groups, and Send Message button. It would be very helpful if you added buttons for Teams Call and Teams Chat, and made their phone number a link that when clicked on initiated a phone call to that number.

This might be complicated by only showing the buttons which will work, including Skype Call button for orgs using Skype instead of Teams, etc., but Microsoft has some really smart developers, I'm…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Yammer groups created during a non 1-1 domain mapping need O365 Group

Need to have a weekly job run which corrects issues with the O365 Resources not getting created when the Yammer network is not in a 1-1 domain mapping state.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove a member of a Yammer group from the mobile app.

I would like to be able to remove a member from a group even from the mobile app (you can only do it from pc). Currently you can only add a member, but do not remove it. Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow using symbols as search words when searching in Yammer

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Yammer 検索機能について

Allow using symbols as search words when searching in Yammer
    ■Description(内容):
    Yammer の検索において、半角ダブル クォーテーション "" にて括った 完全一致の検索の際に、[!"#$%&'()^\=~|@[`{;:]+},./\<>?【】①■○△] の記号を文字として認識し検索できるように要求する。

In Yammer search, when searching for an exact match enclosed with double quotes "", the symbols listed below should be included as words which can be used in search.

[!"#$%&'()^\=~|@[`{;:]+},./\<>?【】①■○△]

Thank you for your consideration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Suppress Duplicate Outlook/Exchange Nofications within Yammer

It seems like recently Yammer (web) has started including all outlook notifications that Outlook is already sending notifications. These are duplicative and indicate by changing the color of the Yammer IE tab that there is something for me to look at.
    Could you add an option to "Suppress Outlook Notifications".
    Note that the notifications are duplicates of what is being sent by Exchange/Outlook.
    Note that it is not adhering to the Outlook rules and sending notification that even Exchange is suppressing (Meeting Accept...).
    This increases the noise in the "signal to noise" ratio and deters usage of Yammer.
    Voice of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. display photos as intented by the photographer/uploader and not cropped

If I upload a photo that is in portrait mode, i.e. height is greater than width, the photo is cropped and made to look e.g. 3x4 no matter what height it is. Even in photo view mode it can still be cropped.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. create links to shared drives

Links to shared drives and folders are not possible. Only links to websites can be created.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Clarify group invitations

I received an email saying "[Person] from [my organisation] has added you to [groupname]". Clicked the "GO TO GROUP" button and it gave me a page saying "This group is private. Request to join to view its messages." So am I added or not? Why do I have to request after the admin has already approved me? Either the group should let me straight in, or the invitation should make it clear that I'm merely being advised of the existence of a group that I may choose to apply for membership of.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove Link(s) on Yammer using OpenGraph post when Yammer is on the page specified by OpenGraph

Yammer currently doesn't nicely allow us to replace the sharepoint comments for articles.

When using OpenGraph when users post the link and blank thumb nail is repeated for each user that comments even though they are on the page. This is disengaging as people only get to see a bunch of links with comments in between.

When using the Modern webpart this is worse and you have to click the wepart and navigate away from the page to read the comments.

the URL should just be metadata to consolidate the comments as a single conversation without all the wasted space…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add notification options: either send messages instantly or as daily or weekly summary

The amount of notifications in bigger organizations quickly gets overwhelming. So users should be able to customize notifications to their individual needs/interests to reduce the amount of notifications per day or week.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. option to display more than one current occupation

Currently I work within two roles and have input four distinct roles (including previous) into my profile, but the 'info' section of my profile, under the 'work' category only displays one current role and one previous role.

It would be useful to be able to choose which of the input roles are displayed on the profile so that they can be chosen by the account holder for their relevance to the profile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to be able to organize bookmarks

I would like to be able to organize my bookmarks into groups or topics

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Yammer Windows App to receive push notifications

The notifications currently for Yammer are terrible, I'm getting e-mails when I don't want e-mails. No notifications that anything has happened even though I'm running a desktop app. There should either be a proper windows 10 uwp app with this functionality or a Teams style app with their notifications which I presume is so they can support Windows 7. No more e-mails!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

User Voice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy