Feedback by UserVoice

Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

(We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the “UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy”: https://www.uservoice.com/tos/, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. edit/add images in a post

I would like to be able to EDIT a post and upload a new picture or replace an existing one. This is not possible at the moment, you can only edit the TEXT.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow admins to add logo and colours to All Company Group and disable email notifications for the All Company Group

allow admins to add logo and colours to All Company Group and disable email notifications for the All Company Group

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Increase the number of company resources on homepage

I think the number of visible company resources is 10 and then shows a "more" button to expand. I would love it if we could by default increase the 10 resources to more.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. how to make sure if everyone has read some important updates in Yammer

We want to make sure everyone reads important updates posted on yammer portal in org.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. As a Yammer group admin I would like to add multiple organizers or change the organizer of future live events

As a Yammer group admin I would like to add multiple organizers or change the organizer of future live events. I would also like to hide the organizer in Yammer in case the organizer is just a technical person pushing the buttons.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. As a Yammer group admin I would like to change the items for a Live Event after it has ended

As a Yammer group admin I would like to change the items for a Live Event after it has ended such as adding/removing presenters and changing the description.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow external users in EU Geo

Yammer is all but useless due to the restrictions applied for EU Geo data storage. Why are such strict restrictions in place? It can't be GDPR because if that were the case it would have to apply to all other Geo locations as EU citizen data could be added to external groups located outside the EU. GDPR applies to the citizens not the location of the data. So why the restrictions for Yammer? Such restrictions do not apply to groups in Teams, for instance. This needs changing...otherwise you can add external people to Teams but then not allow them to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Include a button so that you can't see GiF's, I'm sick of them appearing!

Include a button so that you can't see GiF's, I'm sick of them appearing!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. More engaging link display when linking to Sharepoint documents

We're using Yammer as our main tool for communication widely within the company (approx 100 empl) and Sharepoint for file storage. At times we want to market files on Yammer that have been uploaded on Sharepoint.

When copying e.g. a link to a Powerpoint stored in Sharepoint and pasting this in a Yammer post, the "link box" displaying the link beneath the actual post is not at all engaging. As of now we only see the link snippet and where on Sharepoint this is stored. It would be very good if the "link box" showed at least a PPT icon…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like a feed of just the groups I've joined and people I follow.

I believe the "Following" tab used to do this, but now it's just conversations I follow. I have no interest in clicking group to group, I want to get all my updates in a single feed with no extra noise.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have read your feedback on the request for feed of groups you have joined and people you follow.
    [EDIT] Clarification on Following Feed related to earlier comment: The following feed does not show conversations from your groups.
    We had made improvements to the following feed in Yammer in February earlier this year to bring more focus to people and topics on Yammer. The improvements were focused on helping surface content from people, topics and files you follow. To help surface that content we no longer show conversations from your groups in the following feed. Groups in the left nav will continue to show indicators for new content you have not seen. For more details refer to the Message Center post : 26543

12. Allow CamelCase in hashtags

Hashatags that are all in lower case are not accessible or clear. Yammer should allow people to use camel case in hashtags.

Certainly, they should not automatically change what we type in our hashtags to all lower case. Terrible automatic feature.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to be able to organize bookmarks

I would like to be able to organize my bookmarks into groups or topics

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Convert "+1" posts to Likes

Observed on the Microsoft Yammer: long series of replies containing simply "+1". These posts should be automatically converted to a Like, and not posted as a separate message. Of course, you need to tell your user that you've done that: "Hey, I changed your +1 reply to a Like for you."

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Split the "New Posts" next to the groups in the left panel into two counters, one for "New Posts" and one for "New Replies".

Split the "New Posts" counter next to the groups in the left panel into two counters, one for "New Posts" and one for "New Replies". Usually it is more important to read new posts, than to read replies, so it would add greatly to the user experience.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow users choosing to accept or deny invitation from Yammer private access group

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Yammer のメンバー招待について
    Allow users choosing to accept or deny invitation from Yammer private access group

■Description(内容):
    現在 Yammer ではプライベート アクセス グループに管理者がメンバーを招待した場合、招待されたユーザー側では参加を拒否することができず、アクセス後に脱退をする必要があります。
    そのため、招待された際にユーザー側で参加または、非参加を選択できる機能の拡充を要望します。

I would like to see the feature to allow users choosing to accept or deny invitation from Yammer private access group.
    In current design, users who are invited by admin are not allowed to deny the invitation and they need to access the group once, then they are able to leave that group.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to convert a post to a Question

While thanking for new QnA featuresin Yammer...

Please have an option to convert existing post/thread into the newly introduced Question type. This will help to convert all existing posts as questions (when required).

Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need Calendar feature in Yammer

Need Calendar feature in Yammer

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Yammer Conversation Web Part doesn't support the new Question and Best Answer features

The Yammer Conversation Web Part in SharePoint Online doesn't support adding a Question. Nor does it show the Question with the icon. And you can't mark or see Best Answer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide admin control for creation of Office 365 connected/non-connected Yammer group

Forcing adoption of O365 Group creation control via "Manage who can create Office 365 Groups" is not the best way to restrict the creation of non-Office 365 connected Yammer groups.
    There should be the option for admins to be able to create "classic" Yammer groups without O365 Groups, and also restrict classic Yammer groups from ever being O365 Groups enabled.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

User Voice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy