Feedback by UserVoice

Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

(We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the “UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy”: https://www.uservoice.com/tos/, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft)

I'd like Yammer to...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display posts chronologically

Because posts are not chronologically displayed, it is almost impossible to stay informed of the latest & most relevant posts. In a business setting, no one cares if a picture or item was "Liked" multiple times unless they are the poster. I find I am not seeing new information because my feed prioritizes old "popular" posts. I had a new employee join Yammer on October 19th and I did not get the "Welcome her" message until today (13 days later!). Not acceptable in a business setting.

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! It’s helpful to hear about how you’re using Yammer and your expectations for it. We find that most of our users use their groups to stay up to date on important work conversations (conversations are displayed by most recent reply there), and use their home discovery feed for discovering things they wouldn’t otherwise see. We feel that it’s important for you to discover content that might be relevant, so we use several factors including recency and popularity to show you what you might like to see. Sorry we missed the mark on this one, and thanks for sharing the feedback.

2. Admin to manage user Yammer Profile photo

Allow administrators to manage (upload/delete/change) photo of individual Yammer user's profile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow me to send an Outlook Calendar invite to the Yammer O365 group

When I create a Yammer group, behind the scenes it creates an O365 group with an email address of my_group@groups.mydomain.com. This looks like a normal O365 group.

I added it to an Outlook meeting invite to invite everyone who had joined the Yammer group to my meeting. I expected Outlook to send an Outlook invite for the meeting to each individual in my group. However, that is not what happened. Instead I received an email from Yammer asking me to confirm posting the invite message to Yammer, which is not what I want to do.

There should be a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Yammer group members - external with status "Invited"

With Rest API and PowerShell it´s possible to view and export Yammer group members.
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/export-yammer-group-members-to-a-csv-file-201a78fd-67b8-42c3-9247-79e79f92b535

But it doesn´t include external members which have still status "Invited".

For example: In Yammer it shows 976 members but in the export I only have 943.

Would be great to have them in the export.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. reduce information on the mobile app.

The mobile app currently has quite a busy page and it's hard to pick out the message for all the data around it. I would suggest removing "seen by X" altogether and showing the number of comments, rather than the names as we often don't know the people personally anyway.
    Also, it would be great just to see the other users' actual names when they comment and not the organisational code afterwards as this just creates a lot of text to read.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Only show posts from Groups and People I'm following in my 'Follow' feed.

By adding posts in my Following feed of people or groups I haven't chosen to follow defeats the purpose of a Following feed. The promise we like to make our employees is that Yammer is the place where you can choose to see the content and information that you choose to follow. Yammer is a little too open with content posted in the user's Following tab as it decreases the value of the content. Allow the user to only see posts they choose to follow. Not providing this makes our conversations with our employees and senior leadership about adopting Yammer…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow Yammer login from external websites on mobile devices

You can use a Yammer login button to authenticate users on external websites. From a website you will then be redirected to a Yammer login.

On mobile devices this is not supported if the Yammer app is installed. Instead of a Yammer login the Yammer app is opened. Basically, this means you can not use the Yammer identity for your external website when you have mobile users.

I think it would be possible to change this behaviour in the way that a Yammer login behaves on the mobile device exactly in the same way as on a Windows 10 notebook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Auto-completion feature in Yammer

When posting in Yammer, sometimes your word is automatically completed with a Yammer user. It starts to be very annoying when you belong to a Yammer private group. The auto-completion will try to add a Yammer person that does not belong to the group. It would be nice if it only did it after at-sign "@" but it seems to be after some special characters not well defined, or even anything capitalised and its not consistent with Teams. Is there a way to avoid this ? How the Auto-completion works ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Include option to see the participants in a Yammer poll

Kinldy include feature to be able to see the people who are participating and responding in a Yammer poll , so that we can run competitions and quiz on this platform, as it has a very high reach, and declare the winners and participants, to promote Yammer and make it more exciting for users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve Read Feature

I would like to not have to scroll to the bottom of a group feed to mark the notices as all read. Once in a while, it doesn't even clear the count when I do scroll to the bottom.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make Public groups Private Unlisted

We have a group that we want to retain for reference, and I had hoped we could make it Private Unlisted to keep access for the admins but allow no further requests to join the group or have it available in the directory. Currently only making this Public group Private is an option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Liimit use of "all company" to just staff in an education setting

In an educational institution, our "all company" group is flooded with posts like "im dum", or "ur mom", or far, far worse from students who have accounts within our organiztion. This needs to stop, but Microsoft does not provide us with to limit the use of "All Company" to just staff accounts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sorting the comments in a discussion

I would like to be able to choose, whether a new comment is added at the bottom of a conversation or as a first comment below the original topic.
    In large discussion feeds i currently have to scroll down several pages to read the newest comment. This is ineffective to me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. allow date parameters to be set in Group Insights

If we can have date inputs for displaying data between certain dates please! Would help when measuring success of communication campaigns on the network

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. include an extra column for 'type of message' in the Network Data .csv file for admins

Would be really useful to include an extra column for 'type of message' in the Network Data .csv file so we can gather data on the different tools our staff use, for example Post, Announcement, Poll, Praise, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Crée un groupe avec seul le proprietaire peut voir les publication

Pouvoir crée un groupe et que seul le propriétaire peut consulter les posts dans un souci de confidentialité afin de pouvoir réunion toutes les idées qu'on souhaite partagé à une seul personne. (les emails ne sont pas une solution ;) )

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. hyperlink images

You should be able to embed an image in a post, and hyperlink that image to another page/news/video or whatever item it is that you want to link to. Our links to the intranet do not come with nice previews/images due to the firewall, so it's important to be able to do this using an embedded image. (Sitrion does this after all!).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Identify the external network you are in when using the mobile app

I work in a university where we have used Yammer quite a lot for student communication and collaboration.We create an external network, rather than a group, for each course, so that there can be groups within the network. One of the biggest issues with this is that the mobile app does not indicate which external network you are in. So a notification pops up, you click on it, and you don't go straight to that message, maybe not even to that network. And you have nothing to indicate where you are.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. View Pinned Items on Yammer Android app in the "All Company" group

This feature is already working on other groups, but in the all company the drop down menu doesn't appear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Display powerbi reports

Currently I cannot post data from power bi to yammer. Can this be enabled like other office programmes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

User Voice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy