Feedback by UserVoice

Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

(We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the “UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy”: https://www.uservoice.com/tos/, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft)

I'd like Yammer to...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have an option to select the 'Solution' comment to a post. When a user posts a question, the best answer can be voted on a the Solution.

Have an option to select the 'Solution' comment to a post, and that the 'Solution' is always displayed under the question/original post, and is highlighted and marked as 'Solution'. When a user posts a question, the best answer can be voted on as the Solution to that post or question.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Nested Groups/ Subgroups

So, three other individuals all posted about the possibility of a hierarchy structure for groups in August of last year. One was told it would never be implemented and the other two were told it would be considered.

It would be optimal if the ability to create subgroups was possible as my company wishes to create a technical support forum of sorts that would require some general structure. Tagging related groups in the right panel isn't what we are looking for. If someone could provide an update about the possibility of this feature being added, that would be wonderful. Thank…

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. why do you not make yammer webapp a PWA app to work on any platform with properly layout.

I'm using yammer in Windows phone and he didn't work properly and previous we have an app o platform, make yammer PWA app and with your own PWA builder website please.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Delete all the messages at once in one group

Ik wil graag dat je in een keer als admin alle berichten in een groep kan verwijderen. Dit zodat je overzicht kan houden in je organisatie.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Customize Yammer home page to organize groups

Please add the ability for users to organize Yammer groups. Either the ability to create a navigation structure with tiles which would also surface the amount of updates within the group. Right now the left navigation is a mess, and having a way for users to organize groups the way they want would be a small change but huge improvement in user experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. There needs to be a way to save multiple file (image) attachments from a personal message or a means of sharing my personal message on

I sent myself a personal message with 35 image files attached, so that I could either save them to my computer to share on our network, or to share my personal message on to someone else for them to see and utilise the files. I would then have the images on Yammer to be able to share in groups.
    None of which I am able to do.
    The only way is to save each individual file by right clicking and Save As, which takes ages !
    There must be a better way to do this ?
    Please enable the saving…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hide "Invite your Coworkers" option

We'd like the ability to disable or hide the "Invite your coworkers" box in the upper right corner on the homepage of yammer. Our users are super sensitive to mass emails and we've had an issue in the past where someone clicked this button and sent an invitation to the whole company, which generated chaos for our support desk.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Post document to Yammer (doc thumbnail). Would it be possibile to have a thumbnail for a file in Yammer?

Would it be possibile to have a thumbnail for a file in Yammer? I.e pptx file thumb.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please add a weekly notification option to Yammer

Currently Yammer only allows daily notification option. After a while, users ignore Yammer daily notifications because it turns into a spam for them. Please add a weekly digest option to Yammer notifications setting so that users who still want to get notifications can receive less but more organized updates from their groups and we wouldn't lose these users by making Yammer more friendly. Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. to provide download statistics for files

Yammer should provide download statistics (no. of downloads over time) for files uploaded. These statistics should be available also to the end user in a simple way. All details could be available to admins.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Indicate Weekends in Insight's Graphs

It would help to show which days were weekends. It would help me understand that low utilization on some days would be understandably low on weekends, but as it stands now, I have to compare side by side which low utilization days on the graph are weekends or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. turn off All Company

Turn off notifications for All Company. Most of the notifications come from groups that are irrelevant, so it's spam. There is no need for 10,000 people to see "Congrats Janine!" when they don't know the poster/receiver/dept/team/.... The fact posts in a group could be sent to the whole company makes me less likely to post, because I don't want to spam people with something totally irrelevant. Worse, I don't think people know how it works.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Yammer Administrators to Disable GIF Feature

Last Week, a Yammer User posted a picture a GIF of a lady taking off her top and then a sign posted CENSORED over her breasts. This is completely inappropriate. We need to be able to moderate our Yammer Groups better and Yammer is encouraging non-professional behavior with the GIF suggestions. Right now when posting a basic windows tip, if I click the GIF button, it is suggesting I add a GIF of the Dave Chappelle Prince Episode or someone taking a swig from a bottle of booze. Most of our users are customer service people who specialize in auto-parts.…

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When you share a post to mulitple Yammer Groups, turn of commenting and redirect users to original post to comment.

When you share a post to multiple Yammer Groups, have the option of turning of commenting on shared post and redirect users to original post to comment. This way there aren't several threads of the same conversation going on in multiple Yammer Groups.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. convert email discussion to a yammer discussion

Often times a discussion begins organically through email with people reply all over and over. It would be nice to have a button in outlook to convert an email thread to a yammer discussion which then notified everyone in the email that the thread has been created. This would drive users to use the correct tool for different types of communication.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More refined and compact user interface

The Windows app UI is primitive. It feels like a web page embedded in a window. It doesn't feel like a chat app, but that's really what Yammer is intended to be at least in my organization. Would be nice if the UI would allow a more compact, vertical window that would mostly be a "buddy list" with chats happening either inline or in popup windows like Skype. If I make the window smaller than a normal browser window, the content doesn't dynamically compact or render appropriately. Maybe the general feedback is make the Windows app look and feel more…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable users/admin to set retention policies on private messages

After some time of use Yammer hosts tons of private chats. According to our policies we shouldn't save mails and conversations more than 6 months if there aren't specific reasons. Please give us settings to control this as in Outlook

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. allow custom "Group Patterns"

The "Group Patterns" available aren't suitable for business and are a bit silly. Please allow us to upload our own image or just disable the patterns.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. delete of disable the default created Yammer group

To prevent users from posting messages in the wrong group e.g.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Replace deleted posts with replies with a marker indicating a post was deleted

When posts with replies are deleted, the replies appeared orphaned and can be assumed to be the original post, and misunderstood as it's not known they are in response to another post. It would be clearer if the deleted post was replaced with a placeholder that indicated a post was there that has since been deleted, which could be as simple as text along the lines of "This post has been deleted by the author."

Sometimes a whole unnecessary discussion can arise based on a misunderstanding of the first reply which could be avoided by such an indication.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

User Voice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy