Feedback by UserVoice

Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

(We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the “UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy”: https://www.uservoice.com/tos/, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft)

I'd like Yammer to...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notify network admins when new features are due for release or beta testing

It is quite often the case that new features pop up in Yammer unannounced and its never quite clear if they are just being tested (and only available to a select few) or here to stay. When new features are launched, we want to be able to tell our members about it but there is currently no 'heads up' to network admins about what is being rolled out and to whom so any communications have to be done retrospectively and with caution, if the feature hasn't been fully rolled out. An email notification, or even just an alert for network…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

We've read this  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow to split a conversation

When many topics are threated in 1 conversation, it could very helpful to split the post to 2 conversations, much better than a share in the same group

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Open corresponding thread or discussion in Yammer mobile app when clicking on links in email notificaitons from your phone

When clicking on a link to a yammer thread from an email on your mobile device, the app should open up to the referenced thread in the email. Currently, when you do this the app will open the app directly to the 'My Groups' homepage

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please advise whether there is an MSI or .exe download for the yammer desktop app so i can centrally deploy it via SCCM . Thanks, Max

Please advise whether there is an MSI or .exe download for the yammer desktop app so i can centrally deploy it via SCCM . Thanks, Max

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Send email notifications through your Exchange Online tenant

I would like all email notifications from my Yammer network to come through my Exchange online tenant. As of now they are seen as an external email and thus they are subject to our security filters and outlook won't automatically download images.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Either Remove or Fix Design Options

At present, the Design configurations for Network Colors (header background color), Network Masthead and Logo do not function. As told by one of the Yammer engineers at Microsoft, currently the only way to do this is to apply a theme at the tenant level, which will then cascade down to all services (including Yammer). If the Design options inside of Yammer are not going to work then they should be removed as having non-working features do nothing but cause confusion.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. when I am using # within a post, i want to have an autocomplete function

when I am using # within a post, i want to have an autocomplete function

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Restrict the ability to post polls

It would be helpful to have the option for Group admins to restrict the ability to post polls to allow just the group admin or specific group members

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. How do I find out what is stopping me connect to Office365 Groups

It would be useful to have a way to see what is stopping our tenant from having Groups enabled, I have enabled enforce 365 identity, I think I have only one Yammer network to one tenant, but still not appearing. If its a rollout timing thing vs something setup wrong, would be useful to know. Ps. I understand that when it is enabled the groups stuff will appear on the right, does this take time to appear? Every few weeks I create a new group to see if it has been enabled, but otherwise I'm not sure if I have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    We've read this  ·  kpascual responded

Thanks for the feedback. Do you think what your tenant is experiencing might be a bug? If so, you can contact support@yammer.com. Another option could be Office 365 support (Off365.ms/k71qNu) if the problem might be related to Office 365 groups.

10. search by date

The ability to search by date and have all posts within the date parameter show up. It's hit and miss now. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sort groups by number of unread posts

I follow a large number of groups and they don't all have posts in them every day. What this means is that I have to scroll down all groups on the left hand side (including those with no posts) each morning to see what I have to catchup on. It would be super useful if the groups were sorted by unread posts so I could get this picture at a glance, and potentially give myself an idea of how much time I will need to catch up! UPDATE : YOU HAVE MERGED THIS WITH THE 'ALLOW USERS TO CHANGE ORDER…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow public comments in a hidden group

I am starting to use Yammer embed to allow commenting on pages within an internal website. If I create a private group then only explicit members can comment. If I create a public group then any member of my organisation can comment, but the group can also be seen in the full list of available groups.

I don't think it makes sense for such a group to be listed in the available groups as it's really a container for comments outside the Yammer social environment.

I would like either to be able to create a public group that is hidden…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Default to using vanity urls

Vanity URLs like these work - https://www.yammer.com/networkname/groups/groupname
    So this would be a valid URL - https://www.yammer.com/contoso.com/groups/SeattleOffice

Would it be possible to have these URLs more exposed?

Either as a 'link to this page', default landing page, title, or just an optional alternative to the hash-threads-in-group default url?

It would mean much less query string for often used location.
    Occasionally ?view=unviewed would be viable, but this could itself be aliased to /unviewed

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We want to Add Picture/Image In place of Color Headers

When we opened a group in yammer and navigate to settings we had two options group Image and Headers, Here I wanted to post a group panoramic Image in place of colorful headers.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your use case for a group header photo! We’re considering building this and will gather more data from other folks in order to hear all the use cases.

15. Allow admins to filter the list of group users in the Add or remove user dialog

Would be nice if admins were able to sort / filter users added to a group in the Add or remove users dialog. The list quickly becomes hard to manage when the amount of users grows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Would be great if normal users could make announcements to " All Company"

Hi,
    It would be great if normal users could make announcements to " All Company"
    Right now only verified Admins can do this. Could be a very useful feature for people working in the HR and PR departments.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add intelligent people card to Yammer profiles

Intelligent people cards are rolling out to Outlook, OneDrive, Sharepoint etc. What better place to have them than in Yammer?

https://blogs.office.com/2016/09/26/connect-to-expertise-and-content-with-new-people-experiences-throughout-office-365/

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When Yammer embed feeds are loaded in a popup.. vertical scrollbars are not loaded always in div. Request you to specify some minimum width

When Yammer embed feeds are loaded in a popup.. vertical scrollbars are not loaded always in div. Request you to specify some minimum width

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Serbian localisation

I would like to see yammer in may native language, if needed also I would be happy to help in translating,

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow users to sort files in file libraries by column name or by column date.

Allow users to sort files in file libraries by clicking on the name column, so they can be sorted in alpha or reverse alpha order, or on the date column, so they can be sorted in date, or reverse date order.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    We've read this  ·  shsu responded

Thanks for the feedback! We don’t have any immediate plans to tackle this, but your input is certainly helpful as we’re actively thinking about ways to improve the files experience!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

User Voice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy