Feedback by UserVoice

Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

(We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the “UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy”: https://www.uservoice.com/tos/, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow me to change the way of breaking the lines within Yammer.

Although the [Shift + Enter] within Skype makes it possible to break a line, I am aware that the Yammer's [Enter], instead of the [Shift + Enter] leading to the post completion, leads to the line break. Due to the difference of behavior between Skype and Yammer mentioned above, there would be a possibility that any users could post their messages mistakenly to Yammer, and therefore I hope the additional feature to be implemented that enables for the Yammer users to perform the line breaks along with the [Enter] or [Shift + Enter].

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. iOS bug: photo cropped to landscape - never able to see portrait photos

I use the iOS Yammer client on my iPad. The photos shown e.g. in a yammer group are always presented, or cropped, into landscape mode, regardless which orientation they were taken.

Portrait photos are cut / cropped into landscape, and also clicking on them does only show the landscape crop (in full screen), but not the original version.

Please fix. Thx!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the function of "modifying the display order in the group feed".

I am aware of the behavior that the group feed displayed by in the order of the latest posts in the thread on Yammer.

I hope the function will be implemented to be able to modify the display order in the group feed therefore I can easily see under the other conditions such as in order to create threads on the screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Document changes in sharepoint group as posts in yammer feed

Have creations and changes of files in Sharepoint library displayed as posts in yammer feed. Then all group members will get a better overview of what's happening overall in the group. Also inspire more discussions regarding information created within the group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. improve on the ios app

Pls enrich the client so that links to sharepoint estate can be reached directly from the app. Either native or via the separate apps that are present.

Also - as an admin - pls make it possible to do that from within the app also. The same with personal prefs.

For iPad - I am hoping that my need to use web version in Safari will diminish asap with a great UX update of the iPad app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. display search results from our Office 365 tenant

When searching in Yammer I would like it to plug in to delve search and display results from our Office 365 tenant (SharePoint) also. At least display search results from Yammer groups connected to O365G.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Yammer needs POP up whenever any one Join or leaves Groups or Deletes Group inadvertently

Owner of group Unintentionally / erroneously click on Joined Icon, it resulted in he left out of own group,so he joined again. in such case yammer should asked with POP up that means Pop up will come as " do you really want to Leave this group----Yes /No" . it will ensure that some one inadvertently clicks & loses Admin controls or sometimes deletes Group & lose all data etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Improve the feature of the public information that makes more easy to read with basic terms for Yammer.

I am aware of the Japanese translation of public information is oftenly wrong, which make us misunderstand the basic term of Yammer's contents besides there are different words for the same items.

Therefore, I hope the function will be implemented enables machine translating more accurately and then updating the public information to be easier understanding of the contents as soon as possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. support attachments in the list of dynamic content available in Flow.

Allow attachments in Yammer to be sent to email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve the feature to set "uncheck the group by default " to a user who does not need to send the notifications.

I would like you to implement the setting will be able to set [Subscribe to this group by e-mail] by the right side of the group feed is ON the initial value when a user joins the group. Also, I hope the feature will be implemented to set "uncheck the group" the group arbitrarily. It will make Yammer's Usabilities/Operations better.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Develop user reporting

Could you include all user status in the user reports to show pending, hard and soft deleted, active users. Currently we can only see active and soft delete. Soft delete seems to cover many states including pending and I would especially like to see which users are pending

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. topic

Display a Fully Functional Tag (Topic) Cloud

A fully functional, and easily discovered, 'tag' cloud would really enhance the user's experience in discoverability.

Topics are highly underused and relatively difficult to discover. Even the Topic list page does not expose usage (counts). Folks can't easily determine what tags (topics) are currently in use in order to locate the associated postings.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enrich the information displayed on "I found an article that seemed helpful" function.

I hope the feature will be implemented to display in more details of "I found an article that seemed helpful" menu when creating a service request (after entering the summary problem details). Obviously, this function now seems like the required information is not displayed often.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    We've read this  ·  Trista responded

Where are you seeing the function “I found an article that seemed helpful” in Yammer?

14. Improve the function to add "Pull-down selected items" will be implemented when creating a service request.

I would like to notify you that there are no suitable contents have been installed when inquiring by the service request within "Pull-down selection items". I hope the function will implement to add the optional contents or to describe the inquiry more accurately.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  Trista responded

What kind of service request are you creating? Where in the product would you like to see this function? Not sure I understand what the context is here.

15. Clarify the contact information for the each notification of the Message Center.

I am considering about the notifications from the Message Center that I have difficulty in finding the right contact address to confirm the details of the new feature. So far I am not sure which service requests should be created, so that I hope the function will be added to indicate "this information is related to the specific service" for Message Center as soon as possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Be able to create headings in the files section.

At the moment all the files are dumped into one area on a page. For example a company policy page instead of having them all listed it would be good to have headers for example IT policies, HR policies, Finance polices and then put the files under the relevant section

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow the admin of a private group to review/screen any posts/comments before they "go live" to the group

Allow the administrator of a private group to review/screen any posts/comments before they "go live" to the larger group. For Compliance reasons, in order to use Yammer, our company would require posts within a specific group to be reviewed by the admin first. Is this possible?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a function that allows data migration

Quoting Customer:

We would welcome a function that allows data migration, such as batch-import or export of posts and files.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Visibility required on topic authors

Currently anyone can respond to sensitive threads anonymously by reusing an existing topic. The potential for malfeasant behaviour to abound and be untracked could have a large impact and there is little an organisation can do to mitigate this other than delete the topic (which can be popped straight back up without the organisation knowing who did it again...). Victims may feel harrassed or threatened to the point of court action; organisational change initiatives could suffer significant set-backs; and there would be no way to discuss this with the perpetrators.

We'd like to see an audit trail of who added…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. improve user interactions with usage policy

I would like to see a do not accept option added to organisation usage policy. If we want to get really ambitous there could then be a configurable next step for the organisation so that if user does not accept, then for example the Yammer license could be disabled or user could be deleted from Yammer, or an email could be sent to service desk asking for user to be disabled.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

User Voice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy