Feedback by UserVoice

Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

(We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the “UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy”: https://www.uservoice.com/tos/, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft)

I'd like Yammer to...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 5 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re not sure exactly what we’re going to do here. My sense is that a better approach would be to more deeply integrate with Office365 Video and piggyback on their video embedding functionality.

• Give tenant account administrators the ability to select the type of files that are allowed to be shared

So far it is all or nothing. However, our confidentiality group would love to see an option not allowing CAD files to be uploaded to Yammer.

5 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In the future, we’d like Yammer groups to utilize OneDrive or SharePoint as file storage locations. Presumably a greater level of control over file sharing functionality would come along with this change.

• export feed and groups

Make a feed or groups exports in a excel format
        or xml

15 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m curious: for what purpose would your org want to export a feed? Would you be looking to export a list of groups, or all the posts within a group?

• Provide action based Analytics Data

Idea is to use yammer data analytics to provide action based analytics . It can be anything, like adoption rate for new technology innovation e.t.c.

Thanks

5 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re currently building an integration with the Office365 Analytics Dashboard and Office365 Management API that will satisfy the Yammer analytics needs of some admins. More advanced reporting is available through third-party partners, like tygraph and Swoop.

• create the ability to tag posts with certain meanings i.e. ideas, question, news

When writing a post, it would be useful to some of them to add some sort of visual tag for the message purpose. For example, I have an idea, I tag it with idea and a lightbulb comes up next the message. I have a question, I tag it with a question and a question mark comes up next to it (could also add an option to mark it answered!).

We can add a hashtag but a visual change to the message would make it more engaging.

18 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • 3 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our design team is continuously working on improving the UI of the Yammer web app and mobile apps. However, a full redesign of either is not currently planned.

• Make group descriptions more visible

Teams and Yammer groups need to align on what a group is FOR; but we also need uncluttered UI. Okay! How about this:
                1 - When people are invited into groups, the group description displays as a pop-up before they proceed into the group space. Read & dismiss.
                2 - When a group is formed, the group description displays in full in the masthead for the first 14 days after creation, then minimizes.
                3 - Group creators are nudged at time of group creation to fill in a description, because features 1 & 2 will support successful teaming.

Right now,…

15 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just to clarify: the problem is that groups are less useful because group members no longer see the group description. Is that accurate?

• auto message groups that have been inactive for a period of time

Groups that have been inactive for sometime can sometimes require a prompt to ensure that the community managers are putting enough effort into their group or to determine if its still needed.

A prompt would be useful to give those users a nudge at a certain point of time (3 months, 6 months of no activity?) to ask whether the group is still required and provide advice on how to run a Yammer community (which can be provided by the business itself).

This would allow us to effectively keep groups relevant and engaged with whilst removing (or archiving) older groups…

13 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There’s a balance here – we don’t want Yammer groups to feel as ‘heavyweight’ as SharePoint sites or other tools that require heavy group maintenance. If someone creates a Yammer group and it doesn’t take off, we don’t want that person to feel scolded: if so they’re far less likely to continue engaging with Yammer. As of now we’d be unlikely to build in a nudge feature.

On the other hand, we know that healthy Yammer networks have groups that don’t “live forever” (internally, we use a Yammer group for every feature project, and the lifespan of those is limited.) So we’re thinking of ways to focus search results and navigation on currently-active groups.

• allow groups to have banner/cover image - to look a lot more like the delve profile

Allowing the group to have a bit more personality
                    - Perhaps allow users to switch between this and the current "classic" view.

17 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added some additional group-level customization (background color), but we know that group ‘personality’ is important in helping people to feel comfortable and collaborate. So we’re considering larger group images (though if we built that and it A/B tested well, it would become the experience for all groups, no toggle).

• TFS/Visual Studio Online "Team Room" integration in Yammer/O385 Groups

The "Team Room" feature in Team Foundation Server/Services is useless without any integration in O365/Yammer Groups: any possibility to merge?

I have CI/CD task (@DevOps) with automatic notifications of new build, new work item, planning meeting, etc, messages already present in the Project Team Room but not used by my java/js developers!

Thanks for reading

3 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Composing long posts in ios app is erratic

If I'm composing a message in the ios app and it gets too big to fit in the window, doing things like selecting text that extends for several windows is erratic. Once I've selected more than a window or two of text, the cursor starts jumping back and forth, and I can never get to the top, so I have to do it in several goes.

I regularly have to do this when quoting from another message because it's only possible to copy an entire message, not part of it.

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Message prompt (group specific)

Ability to set a message prompt for each group (blank textbox message before you start typing)

4 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• give admins the ability to download the RECENT ACTIVITY list based on date ranges

This will help give us reportable insights to help with our business case reporting as well as simple useful analytics. The RECENT ACTIVITY is already listed by Yammer, we just need to be able to access this list easily. Thanks.

6 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

In the future, this data will be available via the O365 Management API. Also relevant is that we have third-party partners, like tyGraph and Swoop Analytics, that offer a more robust set of Yammer usage dashboards and reports than Yammer currently offers out-of-the-box.

• Improve the use of Yammer social artifacts in publishing sites

The integration between Yammer and Sharepoint is not good. One of the areas where work is both troublesome and insufficient documented, is the use of Yammer social artifacts related to content in publishing sites. Yammer therefore need to improve and streamline the use and documentation of Yammer social artifacts in publishing sites; i.e: comments, like, share, follow.

3 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Embed shared images, links, document and thread titles in notifications

Blank messages get delivered to inboxes (when a user shares an image, link, discussion, or document) leaving busy subscribers cold. This needs to be remedied by embedding the content into the notification to provide at least some context.

14 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

We're considering this  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • When I mark something to follow in my Inbox, it should be marked as read.

Currently, when I mark a conversation to follow in my inbox, it adds it as unread. Clearly, I've read it - it's on my screen. It should be marked as read. Likewise, if I have an unread conversation in my inbox, and I read the conversation via Groups, it should also be marked as Read.

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Membership differences between Yammer and Office 365 Groups

It would appear yammer and office 365 groups are starting to leverage each other. With that in mind we would like to see Office 365 conversations and SharePoint be something that the core internal group uses and the associated Yammer group be something that others could use. The purpose is we send announcements that we want everyone interested to see not just the team. Currently we manage two separate groups such as Project team 1 and project team 1a for the different purposes. The only purpose of the 2nd group is to allow others to provide input while not cluttering…

7 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Save for later function on mobile and desktop

While using Yammer mobile have a save posts option to read later.
                                      Facebook have this feature on their app and is very useful while on the move.

After reading/ responding to the post later on you can then leave it saved or archive.

8 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Integrate with OneNote to provide commenting against Wiki Pages

OneNote is a pretty decent in most features compared to Confluence, but misses massively on having the ability to have a conversation about a page. Please integrate Yammer into OneNote so we can create conversations related to pages.

5 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Group-specific holding text in blank update box

Would be great to be able to having group-specific holding text in the blank update textbox.

We've got so many groups and one message doesn't really work for everything.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

User Voice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy