Feedback by UserVoice

Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

(We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the “UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy”: https://www.uservoice.com/tos/, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. provide the same functionality in embedded yammer feeds as on yammer.com

We would like Yammer feeds embedded on our SharePoint intranet to provide the same features and functionality as all feeds on yammer.com (e.g. discovery, all, following feeds), e.g.:
    • Ability to add attachments
    • Ability to edit posts
    • Ability to delete posts etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have a feature to check the log-in status of each user on the Yammer top page

Quoting customer:
    One can confirm the log-in status of users with the "Online Now" function on the Yammer top page, but due to the current A/B test, the "Online Now" function has disappeared for some users.
    I`d like you to implement a function that continuously makes it possible to check each user`s log-in status on the Yammer top page.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow customized text/image on Home and Discover Groups pages to describe company expectations for new groups

Since the idea requests to restrict access on who can create a new group are marked as "We're unlikely to ever build this", how about a compromise for companies like mine who need to have some sort of governance around new group creation - allow us to add a custom message/link/image to the Home Page and Discover Groups page where we can direct users on what the company expectations (or process) are for creating new groups.
    Then we can say something like "Before creating a group, contact corporate communications for approval. Otherwise your group may be removed. Learn more here…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Increase File Upload Limit from Yammer API

Why is there a paltry limit of 25Mb through API while Yammer Web allows 5GB?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Use in the German Office365

Yammer is great and hopefully will be integrated seamless into Office365. But what is with Yammer in German Office365. There are no plans. Please offer Yammer as a part of German Office365, too ans as soon as possible.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Learn-about-Office-365-Germany-8a5a4bbc-667a-4cac-8769-d8ac9015db4c?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We've read this  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create read recipts for messages

When I send a message to a person or a group to receive a read receipt as when you send an email.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Be able to add more than one file from SharePoint/OneDrive menu

When in a post you need to attach a SharePoint file using the menu option "Select a File On OneDrive", it is only possible to do it once and have 1 file linked to the conversation. If you want to add a second one, the initial link is changed back to the second file selected, That means that it is only possible to have 1 link in the conversation to a file in SharePoint / One Drive. Of course, I know that I can copy and paste manually the links but this is not comfortable / user friendly. This does…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. YAMMER CHAT SYSTEM

Hey put that chat box back!!! or show online now and let the popups pf new messages pop up in the top right hand corner

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show me some personal user statistics about me

In large organizations when you posted to many conversations and groups, replied to many different users, etc.it would be pretty nice to add some personal user statistics about your own activities, e.g.:

- How many posts in total (over time, per time periods, etc.)
    - Groups most posted to
    - Users most answered/interacted with
    - How many likes received (per user, group, etc.)
    - etc. etc.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need a flag in the Group Settings, where we can define whether the tags are editable by other users apart from Admin.

Currently system allows any user to delete or change the tags for any post. We would like to have the feature by which , we can restrict this alteration of the tags in a group.

This should be on Groups level and not on each feed level.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. implement the aggregation feature to gather the access log for Yammer group(such as access counts).

I would say that the aggregation feature is necessary since we wish to be aware of more details about the users' activities within Yammer Enterprises and because it is helpful for our business operation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If I’m understanding you correctly, it sounds like you’re asking for aggregated statistics on how many people use Yammer over some time period.

This is an area we’ve been discussing internally. We haven’t agreed or committed to anything specifically, but we are thinking about the relative value of quantifying activity in Yammer (though not necessarily, or limited to, access logs), of which group-specific activity comes up often.

15. enable yammer site admins to select groups everyone is added to when someone signs ou

When someone joins the company, and signs up to Yammer, it would be a neat idea for these people to be added automatically to specific groups, site admin (ie team controlling the company domain) - eg All Company, and groups related to the role / team that someone works in - otherwise, this has to be done manually afterwards; particularly hard to manage when the 'All Company' group no longer creates 'Mr X has joined' which was used as prompt for group admins to add someone new to their groups.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. install my chat window

I would like to use Yammer with my Office 365 Account but unfortunately I do not have access to the chat window, probably because I´m part of an experiment conducted by Microsoft. Also my Outlook does not have all features (e.g. I cannot use categories). This is really a pity because my colleagues can use all these features. I would really say that I´ m a big Microsoft fan and a power user, so I would appreciate if you could manage to grant me access to all Office-Features.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hide Planner link (right side of the page) when the user does not have it enabled in its O365 tenant.

With O365 Groups, the user sees a Planner link on the right side of the Yammer page. This is not desirable when the user does not have Planner enabled on its O365 tenant. Is it possible to find a way to automatically remove this link for these users?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. improve the incident along with an error while editing the Excel files on Office Online.

When it comes to the uploaded Office document, I would like to share the following incident among you. When I edited on Office Online the Excel files once updated to Yammer and performed "Save As",
    I found the error below shown.

The error statement:
    "Can't Save Workbook"
    "Please try again in a little while."

As I mention the above error on the screen, it seemes the "Save As" doesn't function at this point and thus would you please improve the incident? Thank you very much for your understanding the circumstance.

Please also refer to the relevant URL below.

The URL: …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Post message in Topic Embed feed

Within the embed feed you can define the feedtype group or topic.
    The group feed allows you to post a message in that specific group.
    In te topic feed it is not possible to post a message with a default hashtag.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an interesting suggestion, thank you. There currently is no way to post from that feed since the message still needs to be posted into a group somewhere, there is no way for a message to just be posted with a topic and not also live in a group somewhere. I am curious what your use case is, whether a group embed might instead work for you? Otherwise, where do you expect messages posted from that embed to end up — in All Company?

20. Bring back online now chat feature!! If you feel that users wont care....think again, your asumptions is simply wrong.

bring it back. There is better ways to improve the usability of your product than to remove your most apriciated feature. Most sain people would say it was remarkably stupid Idea to remove it. And if you consider to inform me about the possebility to use messages in the upper left corner then I will be convinced that the development team has lost one of there key members and a continous degrade of the product is to be expected.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

User Voice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy