Feedback by UserVoice

Yammer

Thanks for taking the time to give us honest feedback. While many of you may have a specific feature in mind (build this!), we’d ask you to add a note about WHY. What’s the problem you’re trying to solve, what’s the task you’re trying to do. The better we understand that, the better we can make Yammer.

(We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the “UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy”: https://www.uservoice.com/tos/, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow to enter descriptive text for pictures i uploaded within the Yammer Mobile App.

The Yammer Site allows for (even asks) me to add a descriptive text to an uploaded picture (for more accessability). The Yammer Mobile app does NOT have this feature and does not allow to add alternative text to describe a picture.
    I would like to see that feature ported from the Yammer Site to the mobile app to make it more inclusive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Ask a question" feature and Give "Unanswered" tab which will display all the questions which hasn't been addressed

Add new "Ask a question" feature and Give "Answered" & "Unanswered" tab which will display all the questions which haven't been addressed

Let the Author also give permission to tag the correct answer from all the answers.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. be able to report posts to admin that breach our terms of use

As a company that is heavily regulated we have strict guidelines about what Yammer can be used for. This enables us to ensure our customers data is managed accordingly. It's important for people to be able to quickly report any posts that breaches our terms of use. Can we please have a report a post function that allows admins/community managers to be notified of any posts that breach these terms.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Yammer Administrators to Disable GIF Feature

Last Week, a Yammer User posted a picture a GIF of a lady taking off her top and then a sign posted CENSORED over her breasts. This is completely inappropriate. We need to be able to moderate our Yammer Groups better and Yammer is encouraging non-professional behavior with the GIF suggestions. Right now when posting a basic windows tip, if I click the GIF button, it is suggesting I add a GIF of the Dave Chappelle Prince Episode or someone taking a swig from a bottle of booze. Most of our users are customer service people who specialize in auto-parts.…

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Be able to pin messages to the top of groups

The idea is to be able to pin messages to the top of a group. This could be used to post welcome messages or important information. Announcements do stay at the top until read but that does disappear and doesn't affect new joiners to that group.

841 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

123 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support rich text formatting in Yammer posts

Let me use bold/italics and simple bullet points to make Yammer posts easier to read.

694 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We've shipped this!  ·  107 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Turn off Yammer welcome #joined

Admin should be able to turn off the automatic posting of new members. "Chris Christensen has #joined the gk.no network. Take a moment to welcome Niklas-Aleksander." this message bugs down the posts since we have hundreds joining every week. The users would like to see the content, not all the new joiners. When the network is more mature we could turn it on again.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix the bug in the Android version so that Yammer links opens in the Yammer app like it should.

Hi
    We are developing a new intranet and we have a yammer feed on the site, which can be viewed on our mobilephones as well. But here's the thing.
    When our android users click the link to view the conversation it takes them to the yammer site not the yammer app.
    But when our iOS users does the same it opens the yammer app.
    Please fix this issue so that all our workers can use Yammer as we have intended for them.
    I found a similar question from decemer 19 2017 that you haven't even replied to yet, why?
    Here's…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. View Pinned Items on a Mobile phone

I have done a straw poll of Marks and Spencer Yammer site and out of 184 votes thus far 64% view Yammer via their mobile phone however they are unable to view the Pinned section on their phones. Is it possible to have a drop down menu on each group so that the pinned items can be viewed on the phone.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I would only like to receive email communication for Yammer for the groups I belong to.

Currently I along with others are getting email communications that state "these conversations could help get you up to speed this week." In the subject line. The header says "Discover what's happening across your organization." This shows post from groups that you have to join to take part in and they are not work place appropriate. One has a post that says "Would you stay with partner if (s)he wet the bad?" I really do not need to see this. But I do not want to unsubscribe as I would like to use yammer for true point of learning about…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support editing of Yammer posts

Sometimes people make typos or forget to add that image - Yammer needs to support edit post functionality.

352 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is rolling out in the Yammer web application today! It might take a little bit for everyone to see this, but hang on tight!

On mobile, the feature is going to be available in the next release in the App Store / Play Store.

12. Allow admins to choose whether to block messages to All Company/Network or remove it completely

I've seen lots of different opinions on this. Whilst some admins find All Company useful, others don't. Providing admins with the choice whether to lock down the All Company to admin only posts/group creation would be a welcome feature.

The ability for them to choose whether or not they want the All Company group altogether would also be welcomed.

258 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Default language UI for new users

Need to set the default language for new users. When user first enter into Yammer, he has English interface. He angry and go out from Yammer and never come back. Even if we show to him how to change language to Russian, he don't want to do it himself in Preferences. We need set Russian language for all user by default from admin interface. Or maybe from PowerShell.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is currently available for users in two different ways.

For new users, they will inherit their personal language settings from O365 in Yammer.

For existing users, we now detect if they are using Yammer in a different language than their browser settings and give them a lightbox pop up that asks them if they want to switch to their browser language setting (the pop up is in the browser language).

And as always, users can go to Edit Profile Settings > Preferences to change their preferred language there.

14. When will the yammer group messages allow push notifications on my phone? i.e. I send a message in a group it should push-notify everyone in

When will the yammer group messages allow push notifications on my phone? i.e. I send a message in a group it should push-notify everyone in that group without having to tag them all. whatsapp/facebook etc allows this!

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is now available! From your mobile device, go to the group you’d like to receive push notifications for, go to the “…More” icon > Group Push Notifications > turn on push notifications for any of your groups.

As always, you can also receive EMAIL notifications for group by going to the group from the web version, and checking the box that says “Subscribe to this group by email” on the lower right hand side, under Related Groups.

15. Mark and pin the correct answer to a question next to the question

Often Yammer Groups are used for reaching out to an expert community and asking questions. However it's sometimes difficult to determine what the correct answer is if it's buried within a long thread of responses. Could we have the ability to mark a response as being the correct answer to a question and then pin it next to the question?

218 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. An option to disable welcome messages.

When you have several thousand users joining yammer, the feed gets overwhelmed with welcome messages. It would be great to have an option in the admin console to disable these welcome messages.

168 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Spell Check on Desktop App

Can we please get basic spell check added to the Yammer Desktop App for Windows? Without spell check the desktop app's advantages over a web browser are quickly negated for people like myself who struggle in the world of spelling!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. allow folders for files

I would like Yammer to allow the organization of folders (and subfolders) for files, so that the group can access different clusters of material (e.g., syllabi, exams, study guides, etc.).

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable "Switch Off" of notifications from certain post/s (muting them)

Provide the option to switch off the notifications for certain posts. Facebook is having such option, you can "silence" a given post if you are not interested in being notified whenever someone comments after you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We currently have the ability to “Stop Following in Inbox” so you won’t receive updates unless someone tags you in a new reply or is replying directly to a message you’re tagged in. This feature also won’t turn off likes if someone likes your message.

You can find this feature by clicking into the thread you want to stop receiving updates for, then click “Stop Following in Inbox” at the top of the page. If this isn’t what you’re looking for, please comment on UserVoice and let me know and I can amend the status.

20. allow me to invite users without a Yammer account into an external group,

We are a B2B company and have a number of small customers/partners, even one-person businesses. These most likely do not have a Yammer account, but we would still like to collaborate with them via an external Yammer group. I cannot find whether that is now possible, or in the pipeline. Also would it be possible if they have a consumer email like gmail, hotmail etc?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is currently possible. You can add someone as a member of a an external group (it must be created as an external group) by using their work email address. However, they need a non-consumer email address – we cannot support gmail, hotmail, aol, etc. because all users from those email addresses would end up in the same Yammer network, as they share a domain.

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Yammer

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

User Voice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy